Boma or Jiko for dinner?

Which restaurant should we go to?

• Boma

• Jiko

Results are only viewable after voting.

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
We'll be staying at AKV this summer and we're trying to pick a restaurant for our arrival night. It will be me, DH, DD7, DD5. DDs and I are not that adventurous of eaters. We will be on the dining plan, so I know if we pick Jiko, its 2 credits and we'll have to pay cash for another meal, and we have no issue with that. Just trying to figure out which restaurant/food choices you prefer.

Both are great but I recommend Boma. I like that you can go up to the buffet and try a little of everything. This is especially convenient if you haven't eaten any of the cuisine before and are not sure what you might and might not like.

I'm going to say Jiko. I have not ate there yet but I can't wait.

We did Boma breakfast, it was good but I don't think I will go back.

Boma is great because of all the choices, and if you don't like something, you can just get something else.

If you were going without kids, I would have totally said Jiko, it is my absolute favorite restaurant in all of WDW... or the actual world, for that matter. DH agrees. However, I wouldn't take kids there and I wouldn't justify 2 ts credits per person for Jiko if you aren't adventurous eaters, even though the food is definitely delicious by Americanized standards.

Thanks for the input. We still haven't decided! I guess we have a few weeks still until our ADRs can be made.

You're really talking about two very different dinner experiences ... would you rather eat at a buffet or have a more traditional restaurant experience?

Jiko is more upscale and Boma is very casual ... which is a better fit for your family?

Those are the other things I'd take into consideration, apart from the menus, before making a decision. Jiko is one of our favorite dinner destinations - the food and service have always been exceptional when we've dined there. We've only ever eaten at Boma for breakfast - best buffet on property, IMHO.

If it were me, I'd have dinner at Jiko one night and then hit Boma for breakfast on a different day. :laughing:

With children of your ages I'd choose Boma. Jiko is great but its a long meal and young children can get bored.

I'm planning on doing both Jiko and Boma! Actually, I'm toying with the idea of doing a Boma breakfast AND dinner, as I've heard such great things about both meals.

Both restaurants are great. I think, based on your situation, Boma is the better bet. You can try different items and find something everyone likes, as opposed to ordering a dish off the menu and HOPING you like it.

I prefer the food at Jiko's, but I do love Boma.

DD (age 4) went with us to Jiko's for dinner this last December. But she did fall asleep in her chair before the entree was served.

The server pulled up an extra chair for her to stretch out, and he even put two cloth napkins over her as a blanket. We were in a private room off to the left of the bar, and no other diners were in the room with us. She was hidden from other diners by the table. The server boxed up her lunch and her dessert without us asking, which was so nice of him.

You might want to try the Animal Kingdom Lodge child care for your two children, so that you and DH can have a romantic dinner at Jiko. If you do that, you might want to pay out of pocket for Jiko, so that your number of credits are even with your children. You could still try Boma's with the kids!

Thanks for the opinions. I'm not worried about the kids at Jiko...we eat out alot, at nice restaurants, and actually going to California Grill on our trip as well. I think I am leaning towards Jiko for dinner and Boma for breakfast. We had done the Boma breakfast once before and loved it.

Both are great places, but with very different styles. I'd pick Jiko without giving it another thought. The relaxed atmosphere, service and food are just impeccable. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter