Boma issue

And yes....they do need to make the beef serving larger! That was nuts...a strip of beef that was about 5" long and 1" wide!!
Ummm..... when you're requesting a serving of meat, ask for the size you want. It's very simple,and I do it every time we go to a buffet,as I know about how much I want,and I don't want to get up a bunch of times.
Also- I thought the gratuity was just that... and if you received bad service, you could insist that you were giving the amount you felt was deserved... did this change? (I've never had to do it myself) Personally I would have asked another cm to get my check/silverware/whatever if they were that slow in being of service..... that usually gets the attention of the manager

ohh.... unless the TIW means you have to pay the 18% no question? is that why the server felt free to give bad service,I wonder? not cool

ohh.... unless the TIW means you have to pay the 18% no question? is that why the server felt free to give bad service,I wonder? not cool
Using TIW means an 18% tip is automatically added. We too have learned not to tell the server until we get our check. We have had the same experience at many TS places down there when telling them we have TIW at the beginning...particularly at Ohana.

We have stopped going to buffets at WDW for a lot of reasons, poor service being one of them. Boma was one of our last with an experience very similar to yours except we were on the dining plan. After our drinks were delivered we never saw our server again. No dishes cleared, no drinks refreshed. At one point I actually loaded up a plate of dirty dishes and set them on an empty table nearby hoping that would cue someone into action.

OP - Think of this as a lesson learned experience. You will know to handle the situation differently next time.

Write Guest Services. Tell them your issue and ask to talk to someone. You'll get a call and they will try to offer you something. I had a problem at Tony's and didn't address it at the time because I wasn't sure if it was me or them. When I figured out afterwards that it was them, I wrote to Guest Services, told them my issue and got a call. They wound up offering me a Dining gift card worth $20 which was about the value of my meal. It satisfied me. And they forwarded my issue to Tony's so they could also resolve the issue with either the chef or the menu.

So are you saying when they ask if you are on the DP or have TIW, you lie?

There is no reason for them to ask, before you have ordered, whether you are on TIW. Although it happens once in awhile.

Dining plan is different. Dining plan orders are rung up differently. So they need to know if you are on the dining plan before you order so they can ring up your orders properly.

TIW is not a dining plan. So if they ask you "are you on a dining plan?" and you have TIW, then say NO. When they ask that, they want to know about the prepaid dining plans. When you say NO, you are NOT lying.

Then, when the time comes to pay the bill, present your TIW card. Because that is the time when the TIW discount comes into play. Not at the time you order.

I think the OP should definitely contact Guest Services regarding the server "slacking off" once she learned the table was using TIW.

Here's the thing....I'm not looking for 'compensation' per se. I didn't feel that an 18% tip was warranted. I continued speaking because the manager asked me questions...I didn't stand there babbling.
I do realize that people always want extraordinary things as compensation. I've seen it happen, in person. I merely wanted the tip cut in half....to send a message to the server. I should have been more up front about what I wanted to happen. Live and learn.
But I have to say that I'm seeing some pretty crappy issues when dining, with little done about it. In Dec we went to the GF Cafe for breakfast, on our last day. My friend ordered Eggs Benedict. Her eggs arrived and we're almost hard boiled. Same thing the second time. The manager and chef came out...yep, eggs were overlooked. Third time, after the chef come out? One egg was fairly soft, the other one was still overlooked!! I think we were comped the price of a soda my other friend had had.....certainly not the Eggs Benedict or Bloody Mary my friend had had. Oh well.
Lessons learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter