Boma - Help ID a chef who made magic!

hellokittiemama

Mouseketeer
I had written down the names of the chefs last year and now I cannot find where I did this!! Darn it. Well, I was hoping someone could help me out.

This chef was at BOMA last year (September/October) and made magic for my son above and beyond. My son is gluten, dairy free, dye free, soy free, peanut free. Dining with him can be an adventure - especially at buffets. After walking the buffet he announced that the only thing my son could have was the lettuce and maybe 1 or 2 other items that weren't exactly 8 year old boy material. He asked us what my son liked and didn't like and while my son dined on fruit that he brought out from the prep area (so that it couldn't possibly be X-contaminated) he arrived with a huge banquet platter that was full of different items that were all things that we said my son liked. He made him his very own buffet! Then he made him his own dessert!!!! Though we got the treatment at many restaurants this was so amazing, the time he spent with my autistic child. I actually wrote a letter to Disney after to give kudos (and now darn it, I cannot find the letter - it had his name in it).

So - in one last effort... I am hoping...

Anyone know who this chef is and is he still at BOMA?

P1030123.jpg

I don't know the chef, but aren't all the chef's good about making foods that are safe when you let them know in advance? I have an issue with Pork (I'm not jewish! It just makes me very ill), so breakfast is a struggle for me, so I was told to call the Dining line and tell them of my issue.

I sent a message to a friend of mine on FB. She had told me in the past her brother is a chef at AKL. I sent her a copy of the picture and will let you know what she says. Her brother is not the chef, wrong race.

I'm not sure about the spelling, but this looks like Aren. (From Haiti, I think?)

When we ate at Boma a few months after my MI, he went through the entire buffet with me showing which foods fit my dietary needs, and then he made up and brought out several dishes that he thought might be interesting. They were marvelous.

So does the name Aren ring any bells? As I said, I'm not sure about the spelling.

He made our trip.

The allergy community is always raving about TJ (formerly from Ohana, now at GF) but this Boma experience was incredible!

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter