Boma for breakfast or dinner?

julirina

Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.
We're pretty adventurous eaters and we've been looking forward to trying Boma (couldn't make it work last trip). Would you recommend it more for breakfast or dinner?

Also thinking about trying Sanaa -- any thoughts there?

General or specific suggestions are appreciated!

IMHO, there are more "adventuresome" dishes offered at dinnertime, so if that appeals to you, go then. That being said, breakfast is also great, but with more of the traditional types of foods. :thumbsup2

Heck, why not go to both? :confused3 :woohoo:

I really enjoy this dining experience. I always book an early sitting, preferably at opening. The food is diverse and you may wish for the ability to eat more. If you have a res for opening they usually offer a dining tour of Boma and Jiko to fill the time.

I vote for Boma breakfast...we loved it, best on property. Boma dinner--yuck. Either totally over-spiced with red-hots-candy-flavor (cinnamon by the buckets on the meats, veggies, etc.) -OR- totally bland & tasteless.

Sanaa...we really liked that place too...exotic flavors, but no over-the-top with the spice shakers. And if you eat early dinner, you may see the animals right outside the windows (well, 20 feet away anyhow)

For our upcoming vacation, we are eating at Jiko, Sanaa and Boma twice - once for breakfast AND once for dinner! :thumbsup2 Boma has a fabulous buffet dinner, which is the only restaurant we've tried at AKL so far. We love it so much we decided to try out all the other restaurants!

I don't think you can go wrong with either. We have it booked 3 times. 2 for breakfast and 1 for dinner.

We have done breakfast and dinner and prefer eating at Boma for breakfast. Dinner was just so so . Try eating dinner at Jiko (much better dinner selection.)

I've eaten breakfast and dinner once at Boma. I don't remember the dinner that well, which usually means it was okay, but not outstanding. We had breakfast last time and I really liked it. The quiona was really good, as was the biscuit and sausage dish (it kind of reminded me of a curry).

I've done Boma twice for dinner, several times for breakfast. I prefer breakfast. The atmosphere is less noisy, less hectic at breakfast. And the sunlight streaming through the windows makes it look nicer also.

Both are great! As a PP stated, breakfast does have more traditional items, with a few non-standard dishes, like stewed tomatoes. It's very good though, has a nice spread and tasty juice, with decent coffee. If you get an early reservation, it can be very quiet and relaxing. I haven't been to dinner in a couple of years, but I always thoroughly enjoyed it. If you're looking specifically to try different foods, I would recommend going for dinner.

Sanaa was awesome. The decor is unique and beautiful. The servers are very friendly and ready to explain the dishes and accommodate guests. I'm vegetarian, so I didn't try any of the meat dishes. The potato and pea samosas were delicious, and the sweet sauce served with it complimented it perfectly. My only suggestion would be to ask about the spiciness of food before ordering, if you have a preference. I was a little disappointed when the curry dish I ordered lacked the spice I'd anticipated. I did try a dish with cauliflower in tomatoes and mint, which was super tasty. Everything tastes super fresh and of good quality. I would highly recommend it.

Just went to Boma last week for Dinner. It's still pretty delicious, imho. :thumbsup2

My parents were with me, and they are NOT adventurous eaters, but they still enjoyed the restaurant.

I remember breakfast being very good as well (went last year).

Hope you enjoy! :wizard:

We've been for dinner four times and breakfast once. Love both. Booked to stay at AKL on the basis of Boma. I don't think you need to be particularly adventurous at either meal but definitely plainer food is more common at breakfast.

Dinner is generally soups, hummus and breads, salads, carved meat, kids chicken, fries and macaroni (which adults can obviously eat too). Lots of fruit, cookies and hot and cold puddings. Love it - can't say enough.

Breakfast was the usual fare for about 50% plus a curried sausage casserole, an African fruit salad, sticky pecan buns, carved meat. Thought it was really good also.

Dinner by far!! The food really is amazing there and i have a large family and they ALL love it so much.

We dined there for dinner in September and really enjoyed ourselves. We loved the food and the service was awesome. I had mentioned to my DH about their breakfast (because I heard it from all of you wonderful DISers how great it is :goodvibes) and we decided for our May trip that we would try it and we are very excited about it.

Just got back from 7 days. We ate at Boma and Sanaa this trip. Jiko in past trips. All three are very good! My personal ranking is Sanaa, Boma and then Jiko for dinner. Definitely try Sanaa it was delicious and one of top three resturants for us this trip. We always love the variety of Boma.

If you have to chose just one I would definitely eat there at dinner. There are more exotic items at their dinner. We loved the dinner there so much that we went back from breakfast on our last day. The breakfast was really good, but they had more diverse and interesting food at dinner.

For breakfast they had the traditional scrambled eggs, create your own omelet, pancakes, waffles, french toast, cereals, pastries like pecan rolls and muffins, bagels, sausage, ham, and mixed fruit among other things. The exotic dishes they had were grilled tomatoes, sweet stewed tomatoes, turkey (not usually served at American breakfast), a curry sausage biscuit dish, bobotie (like a spiced meat bread pudding), and some of the sauces they serve at night as well. If you go for breakfast the coffee is wonderful!

For dinner they had about four or five soups each tasty and uniquely spiced, a dinner bobotie, sweet stewed tomatoes, about 8 different interesting cold dishes, sweet potatoe dish, spiced beef and pork, four different sauces, roasted chicken, couscous, flavorful rice dishes, cornbread, and three different types of hummus with flatbread and pita. (This is just what I remember there was more!) The deserts were really good as well. They had a large selection of mini desserts which are great for those who like to try a lot of different things - zebra domes, carmel cheesecake, cinnamon covered chocolate mousse, and peanut butter bites, and cookies just to name a few.

Our best meal on our trip was Boma's dinner buffet. I only wish we had a restaurant at home that served African food let alone the quality we got at Boma. Enjoy your trip, and I hope you enjoy your meal at Boma!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter