BOMA - Do you Need a PS?

MarkLem

<font color=brown>One mud here too...<br><font col
SInce this is buffet do you still need a PS to eat dinner here?

How about for breakfast?

Hi MarkLem!

We haven't eaten at BOMA yet, so I can't answer specifically for this restaurant.
I do know that Boma seems extremly popular from all that I have read here on the boards, so my first response would be to say yes.
Ofcourse it all also depends on when (time & date) you'd like to eat there.If you plan to dine before or after the normal dinner hour rush, you would probably be fine without a PS.

Personally. I always feel better having a PS "just in case". Waiting a long time for a table, with my kids, is not a good idea.

Hope that helps you :sunny:

I am hoping to do Boma's on our next trip. I am going to move this over to the restaurant board, where you will get more responses. :)

If you really want to eat there it doesn't hurt to make a PS. I dined there twice a couple weeks ago and had a PS for both nights. I also made those PS's on-site. The Tuesday night I probably didn't need one but for Saturday it was a great idea.

We ate there last week for both breakfast and dinner. Our PS for breakfast was for 7:30, which is when they open. It appeared that you might have walked in, if you got there early. Even at their opening we were one of about 6 groups to be seated for 7:30 and it started filling soon after that.

Dinner was at 6 pm and was pretty wild and crazy. It took over 5 minutes to get through the line just to put our name in and receive our pager. I would definitely want a PS for dinner.

Absolutely for dinner. Especially if you are not staying at the AKL and will have to go out of your way to get there. We were there in early October (not a "busy" time), had a relatively early dinner seating on a Friday night, and waited 20 minutes past our PS time to get seated and watched people without PSs get turned away (including one person who was very angry because they'd taken buses all the way from the WL and now had to get back). The restaurant is very popular and was completely packed.

if I get your countdown right you are going to be there at busy busy busy time so I would say better be safe and get one...you don't want to waste a whole evening or faint from hunger (lol) waiting to eat

I would definitely suggest getting a PS! ::yes:: It doesn't cost anything for a PS and planning ahead could save you LOTS of time! Also, waiting for a table when you're hungry (ESPECIALLY if kids are with you) can be miserable.

TTFN!

If you are going to be there at a relatively busy time I would strongly suggest a ps. Even if its not super busy if Boma is on your to do list for this trip I would make ps that way you can show up and know your table will be ready shortly thereafter.

We went last Feb. while we stayed at AKL. We did not have a ps but it was the first week in Feb - generally a slow time - and we went early for dinner. We did get in with just a minimal wait. But even during this "slow" time the place was filled!

We went around this time last year, and had the first available seating. It was CROWDED!!! I do remember it took a while to get through the initial line to check-in, and after that it was pretty smooth, but it filled up quickly and didn't seem to have a slow period afterwards. I would definitely have PSs just in case.

Right now is a busy time. In my opinion, not as busy as the week between Christmas and NYE. Twice over the last week, we tried to call for PS for Boma for the same night. Both times, the only time available was 9:00pm. We went to Boma anyway last night. We got there at 4:30 and we were able to get in right at 5:00pm. The CM at the podium said that the PS was completely closed and they would not be taking walk-ins at all. I guess we lucked out. The place was MOBBED. There was a line of 10 or more people consitently at the prime rib station.

I'd say that if you know you are going on a certain night, just make the PS, you can always call to cancel.

Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter