Boma dinner

JudyAL

Mouseketeer
Looking for honest thoughts on Boma for dinner. I know it's a broad request, sorry. I only have 1 friend that's gone so I was hoping to get some other people's opinions. We currently have an ADR for 'Ohana, but I was thinking we could try something different this trip.

Loved it ... Lots of options and pretty hotel.. Wanted to have more room in my stomach...varied group and tastes and all enjoyed it.

Boma is our favourite restaurant at WDW for breakfast and dinner. To make it easy we are four very different eaters. My husband is on a low fat diet and loves fish. He can get fish, salad, veg, hummus and fruit at Boma and loves it. My son is a very adventurous eater and loves the carving station, the speciality salads and soups. The delicious desserts are also right up his street. My daughter is a very very conservative eater. Loves the carved meat but also the chicken tenders, fries and fruit followed by chocolate brownies and cookies and more fruit. I love it all. Would highly recommend it - we have made two breakfast and two dinner reservations at Boma for our upcoming two week trip despite having to travel from OKW.

Boma is great... It is a mix of African and Indian cuisine. My husband had the rack of Lamb and I had the Tandorri Chicken. Mine had a nice spice (to many would be pretty spicey) My husband loved the Lamb. If you want the lamb, try and make reservations right when dinner starts because they only make like 15 for the whole night. The people next to us got the pitas with different dippers and looked amazing :)

I highly recommend going right when dinner starts because the restaurant has amazing Savanna views, and if its dark, you will miss them.

We went back to Boma after a several trip break and it was my entire family's favorite meal of the trip. Everything (except zebra domes, LOL) was delicious!

Boma is great... It is a mix of African and Indian cuisine. My husband had the rack of Lamb and I had the Tandorri Chicken. Mine had a nice spice (to many would be pretty spicey) My husband loved the Lamb. If you want the lamb, try and make reservations right when dinner starts because they only make like 15 for the whole night. The people next to us got the pitas with different dippers and looked amazing :)

I highly recommend going right when dinner starts because the restaurant has amazing Savanna views, and if its dark, you will miss them.

This sounds like Sanaa, not Boma. Boma is a buffet without much view.

We've decided that Boma is our favorite Family grazing spot.
My Wife can easily find food that doesn't aggravate her Type 2 Diabetes.
Also our Daughter has MSG and Soy allergies and the Chef points out which dishes she can safely eat.
The rest of the Family and I like the variety......:thumbsup2

Looking for honest thoughts on Boma for dinner. I know it's a broad request, sorry. I only have 1 friend that's gone so I was hoping to get some other people's opinions. We currently have an ADR for 'Ohana, but I was thinking we could try something different this trip.

Our fave in wdw!!! Great food and selection, and the restaurant is beautiful!!!

Our kids love it, and possibly the best pressed pot in wdw!! (Only "Sanaa" can compare to that java!!! (And Kona)

Our Ratings of Boma - Dinner: (rev 1/26/2014)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: D
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE1: Boma is outstanding for breakfast. For dinner it's below average and worth
passing by. I've worked in Africa, and menu items are highly Americanized, which
distorts the flavor - it is neither African no American and coms off as a mish-mosh.
African and Middle Eastern are spiced with cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, cardamom,
which can make food appear sweet. If doing dinner, go for the soups. There are
fifteen different soups at five per night. Leave the meats, salads, the desserts,
except for the Zebra Domes. FYI: bring the ear plugs, as it does get REALLY noisy;
we think AKL was a good location - it sounds like a herd of elephants coming through.

NOTE2: We always ask the waiter what he recommends. Much to our surprise was
is comment was, "taste all of our soups, as they are terrific, and leave the rest of
the buffet to the tourists." This was our birthday dinner, so the statement really
stood out, and it was true.

Boma is one of our favorites and is a must do for us every trip. The atmosphere is great (IMO) and while the buffet does have some unique items, there are plenty of other options to choose from for the non-adventurous eater.

Boma is one of our favorites. We don't go because the food is authentic, we go because it is very good and we enjoy the surroundings. We usually go with our folks. My MIL is a vegetarian and finds plenty to eat. We also like the trend towards small desserts. It allows us to try a few different desserts. I might add that if you enjoy good coffee, the pressed pot is very good.
Give it a try and decide for yourself. We have tried a few of the restaurants on property that get rave reviews, Ohana for example, and while they were ok, they were not a place we would try again. Taste are very different you may really love it.

Boma is great, and unlike a pp we also enjoy the atmosphere and don't find it any noisier than any other 'open' restaurant - especially at Disney.

Also 'most' ethnic restaurants here are 'Americanized' as most cultural authentic restaurants would not go over very well with the clientele in the states.

My dh 'has' to do Boma every trip - he especially loves the soups and salads.

I was hesitant but DH wanted to try it, I'm so glad he did because we really enjoyed ourselves. The soups are fantastic, I know it's weird to go to a buffet for soups but they were so good.

I believe you will find a large amount of people who feel that this restaurant is actually quite bad. The only thing worse than the atmosphere is the food. That being said, it's a restaurant and taste is highly subjective.

We enjoy it. There is a good mix of different foods there to satisfy everyone.

My favorite from our last trip. My friends who aren't adventurous didn't care for it, but my husband and I are vegetarians and found the variety great and liked everything we tried. Nice to not be stuck with pasta as the only main dish for vegetarians.

We loved Boma when we went there on our last trip. I don't eat meat and my kids are very picky eaters so restaurants are always a challenge. Boma was great, though. It is, by far, our favorite Disney restaurant.

Amazing! Definitely a favourite of ours. Last year we traveled with a fairly picky eater and it was his favourite meal of the trip also...it was a win all around!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter