Boma Dinner or Tusker House Dinner

chinarider

DIS Veteran
Hi, We have been to Boma twice.... loved it. Went to Tusker House once for breakfast

Have Boma Dinner on list for Dec, should we switch it up and do Tusker House Dinner?

TIA

I'm contemplating the exact same thing so I hope you get some great opinions! I haven't had either.

If you're wanting to add character interaction or cut out a bit of travel time, go ahead and switch to TH. Otherwise, I would stick with Boma: AYCTE Zebra Domes, more selection, delicious soups. If you do switch to TH, make sure you get over to AKL sometime during your trip!

for us , cost does not enter the decision because we are there during FD ( and upgraded to reg DDP so, we're only paying about 20 a day for food). Just wasnt too sure how TH compared to Boma. Have read some posts about Boma going down hill. Also saw that Boma now has Sweet Potatoe Bread Pudding and I am a bread pudding lover but do not like sweet potatoes. Zebra domes didnt thrill me ( I know, I hear some booing and hissing).Since we're planning RD days and this would be dinner, likelihood is we would just be going back to the hotel after our meal ( we would do this on our AK afternoon). Is AKL decorated up at Christmas time?

I like the food better at Boma, but I still choose Tusker House (lunch) almost every time we go to Animal Kingdom because of the added benefits of the character interaction, how well it fits our schedule and if I am going to travel to the AK lodge, I think Sanaa is better than Boma. Now, that being said if I was staying at the AK lodge, I would probably chose Boma at least once on my trip but still do Tusker House as well.

The lunch at Tusker House is probably our favorite in park dining experience.

I know I am going to have to think about this for our 2016 trip, as the last few trips we have done Animal Kingdom and then had a 6 or 7pm reservation at Boma for dinner. But with Rivers of Light coming to DAK next year I think we will be in the park until later in the evening so we might eat at TH and stay in the park for the show instead of going out to Boma.

for us , cost does not enter the decision because we are there during FD ( and upgraded to reg DDP so, we're only paying about 20 a day for food). Just wasnt too sure how TH compared to Boma. Have read some posts about Boma going down hill. Also saw that Boma now has Sweet Potatoe Bread Pudding and I am a bread pudding lover but do not like sweet potatoes. Zebra domes didnt thrill me ( I know, I hear some booing and hissing).Since we're planning RD days and this would be dinner, likelihood is we would just be going back to the hotel after our meal ( we would do this on our AK afternoon). Is AKL decorated up at Christmas time?
AKL is gorgeous at Christmas. It was our favorite tree that we saw. :goodvibes

I, too, am a Boma lover thinking about trying TH on the next trip.

Tucker house is ok. I love the food at Boma! And I agree that AKL is beautiful at Christmas!

Ok, think I'm probably going to stick with Boma. DD is coming over to finalize our plans for ADR morning on Friday. I havent been at Christmas time since 2001 so, I want to see as many of the hotel decorations as possible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter