• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boma Breakfast?

kelleybean

Mouseketeer
We are doing one night stay at WDW in late September for the MNSSHP. We want to do some low key things during the day hoping that DS7 will be able to stay up later than usual that night. We absolutely love Boma for dinner - our favorite Disney restaurant - but the dinner times interfere with the party. Is breakfast anything special or is it just the standard stuff you find anywhere?

If Boma isn't an option, any other recommendations for a special breakfast or lunch? We will not have theme park tickets (otherwise we'd be eyeing BOG breakfast since we've never done it) and my son isn't into the characters so don't think we'd want to pay a premium for a character meal unless the food was exceptional.

Thanks for any advice!

Love Boma, and it also offers an option of checking out the animals around AKL (i.e., something fun and free if you're not in the parks until later that afternoon). If looking for other breakfast options out of the parks, Kona and Trail's End are also quite good....and when going to one of the parties like MNSSHP, we usually shoot for Grand Floridian Café for a late lunch around 2:30 or 3:00 before planning to be at MK at 4:00 to get in early for the party. Whispering Canyon might also be a fun late lunch with a boat ride back to MK for the party.

Totally agree w/ Boma but don't discount The Wave for breakfast (whole wheat Mickey waffles!). Not sure where you are staying but this is a low cost (by Disney standards) breakfast option that has the regular menu & a buffet so you can satisfy anyone in your party.
Trail's End is probably one of the other better "low key" options.

I also LOVE Boma breakfast. On my next trip, I'm going a split stay, the first night at AKL, specifically so I can have breakfast at Boma.

Even though. I'm not a big fan of AKL, Boma breakfast was simply amazing do not miss!!!!

We did breakfast at Boma in July and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great variety and exceptional service. However, we had our 8 year old with us, and she did not eat much at all. It was quite a big expense for a little fruit for her. Do you think it would be worth it for your DS? Does he typically eat a lot at buffets?

I might suggest Sanaa for lunch. We ate at both Sanaa and Boma in July and really enjoyed both, but Sanaa may be more economical, depending on what kind of eaters your family are. We also loved the atmosphere at Sanaa.

Well, the food @ breakfast @ Boma is 100% exceptional!!! :simba: Plus- you can take in the resort & the animals on the resort after breakfast.

Found this thread and now I'm torn...lol
I have both a breakfast and dinner booked at Boma. My DD would die for the Simba waffles :)
But the breakfast doesn't make sense for us since we are not staying at AKL.
Wish Tusker House had those Simba waffles

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/10/13/review-breakfast-at-boma-in-disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge/

My favorite thing @ Boma??? French Toast bread pudding pecan sauce...........

Boma-Flavors-of-Africa_Full_24645.jpg

Thanks everyone! Tried to make a reservation online and kept getting an error message. Guess I will have to call. If I can't get Boma (I think our trip is during free dining), we can also do lunch somewhere instead. We just don't want anything in the parks since we didn't spring for park tickets this time beyond the Halloween party.

Thanks for all the great info on Boma breakfast.....Just convinced DH to add it on our AK day!!!!

OMG, that french toast bread pudding.. sign me up. We are eating here in November. Glad we didn't cancel it! I think my fiance will like the traditional stuff (bacon, eggs, waffles..) and I will shovel as much french toast bread pudding into my face as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter