• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bog?

CerysG

Mouseketeer
Has anyone eaten at BOG yet? How hard was it to get reservations? I'm almost at my 180 mark and I've goen in everyday for the last week just to check out what the reservaton situation was and I have yet actually seen a spot. I figured it would be busy buy we are going the last week of August and this is the beginning of value season and so far no free dinning! I'm hoping that by Monday when I can make my reservations something will show up. I have two possible days one near the beginning and our last day so fingers crossed. Do have a back up plan just in case but I would be so disapointed if I didn't get to eat here as I love Beauty and the Beast. :sad:

Has anyone eaten at BOG yet? How hard was it to get reservations? I'm almost at my 180 mark and I've goen in everyday for the last week just to check out what the reservaton situation was and I have yet actually seen a spot. I figured it would be busy buy we are going the last week of August and this is the beginning of value season and so far no free dinning! I'm hoping that by Monday when I can make my reservations something will show up. I have two possible days one near the beginning and our last day so fingers crossed. Do have a back up plan just in case but I would be so disapointed if I didn't get to eat here as I love Beauty and the Beast. :sad:

We were at our 180 mark today and BOG was booked for the last ten days of August. I couldn't get anything. I have sent our request to the Concierge Level planners at the Polynesian to keep an eye out for a reservation. I am going to keep trying though. Here's to hoping!

Lori

Today was my ADR day, and I wasn't able to get a BOG spot (for three) anywhere in the ADR 180 plus 10 period. I was about 90 minutes late to the 6 a.m. online opening time.

It looks like you really need to aim for your last day, which is hopefully 190 days in the future. Good luck!

Last August I made my ADR's at the 180+10 park for this February trip that we are leaving on tomorrow. I checked at about 7:30 a.m. and it was spotty for times. I got a decent dinner time but it seemed there were a lot of either early or late reservations.

I think a 7 or 7:30 would work for us if we had to, we'd just eat and then do Wishes which would be fine!
Sounds like lots of us are in the same boat. Is everyone just checking online for tables or are you calling and doing it in person?:confused3

I think a 7 or 7:30 would work for us if we had to, we'd just eat and then do Wishes which would be fine!
Sounds like lots of us are in the same boat. Is everyone just checking online for tables or are you calling and doing it in person?:confused3

I think you'll be o.k. There were still reservations for 6:45 and later. Plus I imagine people are booking hoping for free dining and will cancel if it doesn't come or they change their plans.

I booked BOG about 2 weeks past the 180 day mark. It was one I couldn't decide on, but decide to book it. I was able to get two reservations...wasn't 100% on which day we will go b/c we still have to try to get the dessert terrace. I had no issues, but we go in June so maybe not as crowded. I bet one opens up.

There are a couple of threads about BOG not being available -- people assumed that it was full but we began to realize that the restaurant had not released any tables for late August.

For anyone trying to book BOG for August 24 and later, they just opened everything up. If you try now you should probably be able to get a reservation. It is working both online and by phone. GOOD LUCK!

I really wanted to eat there in Jan. but it was a 45 min wait for lunch:sad1:

we were 180 out on Feb. 20. We're using Dreams Unlimited this time and Stacey managed to get us BOG for the evening we wanted, but it is quite late. I was so excited!!! Can't wait to try the grey stuff since we're celebrating our 37 anniversary there.:dance3:

we were 180 out on Feb. 20. We're using Dreams Unlimited this time and Stacey managed to get us BOG for the evening we wanted, but it is quite late. I was so excited!!! Can't wait to try the grey stuff since we're celebrating our 37 anniversary there.:dance3:

Awesome that you got the reservation for your Anniversary!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you guys staying. We must be arriving on the same day as we were at 180 on Feb 20 as well.

I heard dinner is hard to get. Lunch is nuts as well, friends told us that during their recent trip in January people would line up at park opening for lunch! popcorn::

I have heard that reservations are now being accepted for late August. You may want to try now if you've been unsuccessful in booking a dinner reservation recently.

Awesome that you got the reservation for your Anniversary!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you guys staying. We must be arriving on the same day as we were at 180 on Feb 20 as well.

We're staying at AOA in the suites since there are 5 adults going. We'll be there Aug 19-25. How about you?

Just got back. Had lunch there. Had someone wait in line while we did UTS ride. Filled up the 25 minute easily. Kids didn't really enjoy meals (limited choice) but ambience was nice.

Try to go right after the lunch rush (say 12:30). By that time the early line rush has gone through and the line moves quickly!

SantaClaus said:
Just got back. Had lunch there. Had someone wait in line while we did UTS ride. Filled up the 25 minute easily. Kids didn't really enjoy meals (limited choice) but ambience was nice.

Try to go right after the lunch rush (say 12:30). By that time the early line rush has gone through and the line moves quickly!

We were there for lunch today. They were telling people with no dinner reservations to walk up to the castle gate keep at 2:30-2:45 to try for a time (to fill cancellations, etc).

Keep checking online too. We managed to get an ADR inside the Castle 2 weeks beforehand!

Disney requires a deposit for its popular meals now (>$200 for CRT), so more ADRs are becoming available online closer to the dates. People don't want to get stuck paying for an ADR they can't use. Also helps that Disney sends a reminder about an upcoming ADR (I think it was about 36 hours before your time).

We're staying at AOA in the suites since there are 5 adults going. We'll be there Aug 19-25. How about you?

We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. As I thought from your ADR day of 180, we will be there the same as you guys, August 19-Sept 1. I've read lots of great threads about AOA but haven't been there myself. Looks great. Are you guys driving, flying out of Pearson? We are flying from Buffalo.

I dunno...thought the dinner menu looked less appealing than lunch...atmosphere looks amazing!

Keep checking online too. We managed to get an ADR inside the Castle 2 weeks beforehand!

Disney requires a deposit for its popular meals now (>$200 for CRT), so more ADRs are becoming available online closer to the dates. People don't want to get stuck paying for an ADR they can't use. Also helps that Disney sends a reminder about an upcoming ADR (I think it was about 36 hours before your time).

I have secured a number of our upcoming dining reservations with a credit card but have not been charged any $$. I understood the only time my CC would be charged as if I did not show up for a reservation (or cancelled within 24 hours) and then a charge of $10/pp on the reservation would be charged.

Has this changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter