BOG twice in one trip?

Minniemoo15

DIS Veteran
We are doing 2 MK days (the second day my ILs will be joining us). Day 1 I've booked BOG PPO Breakfast and 1900 Park Fare for dinner...Day 2 I have an ADR for BOG dinner.

I know Breakfast has mixed reviews, but we did it last year and loved it. We thought it was a great use of CS credit, location in Fantasyland before mass horde of humanity descends upon the park was ideal, and it forced my notoriously slow family to get out of bed and to MK for a reasonable hour.

That being said, I didn't know what to book for our Day 2 MK with my ILs. I booked BOG dinner because we have never done it before, and frankly none of the other dinner options at MK really jump out at me.

But now I'm second guessing the decision to eat at the same restaurant twice in one week. Should I try something else or leave as is? Any suggestions for where else we could try?

We did BOG lunch and dinner last year. They're pretty different experiences - lunch was more crowded, obviously more people up and about getting drinks, etc. For dinner I think they turned the lighting down a bit, and things felt more relaxed. We were also able to sit in different rooms (West wing for lunch, ballroom by the windows for dinner). I had quiche and family members had sandwiches for lunch, while DH and I both had steak for dinner (which we both enjoyed) - obv breakfast wouldn't have the same menu choices as dinner.

We did this in May and loved it. The atmosphere is very different at breakfast from dinner. Breakfast the lights are bright and it has a very casual feel and you serve yourself drinks and silverware. At dinner the lights are dim and the rooms highlight the special effects, the tables are set and you have a waiter and it feels like a real dinner restaurant. We will definitely do both breakfast and dinner again.

I would leave it as is

Lunch and dinner are different offerings/menu

We are going to try all three this year and add breakfast. Mostly so we can get in the park early and ride 7DMT

Another vote for keep them. Next year I may try the BOG trio breakfast , lunch and dinner ( different days lol )

I've done a lunch and a dinner one trip and a lunch and two dinners on another. I'd keep it.

Have only dome BOG once, and it was for lunch. Cool setting, but the food was just ok. However, based on your comment that nothing else at MK jumps out at you, and that you loved it for breakfast...why not? The general consensus around here is that the BOG dinner is their best meal.

And speaking of general consensus, if you are going to 1900PF for the excellent character interactions, that's great. If you're going for a good meal...you might want to investigate that a little further. :earsboy:

I would keep them both. Last year we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at BOG. They were all different and fun. We got to eat in different rooms each time. The kids loved watching the rose loose its pedals and meeting the Beast.
Enjoy!

Thank you! I will keep both. Good point about eating in different rooms and it being two different experiences.

Have only dome BOG once, and it was for lunch. Cool setting, but the food was just ok. However, based on your comment that nothing else at MK jumps out at you, and that you loved it for breakfast...why not? The general consensus around here is that the BOG dinner is their best meal.

And speaking of general consensus, if you are going to 1900PF for the excellent character interactions, that's great. If you're going for a good meal...you might want to investigate that a little further. :earsboy:
I chose 1900 PF for my princess obsessed DD... Is the food that terrible? We are doing Akershus later in the week so a princess dinner on our MK1 day is not an absolute must. Any other suggestions for something in/near MK? We are doing Ohana the night before already.

Thank you! I will keep both. Good point about eating in different rooms and it being two different experiences.

I chose 1900 PF for my princess obsessed DD... Is the food that terrible? We are doing Akershus later in the week so a princess dinner on our MK1 day is not an absolute must. Any other suggestions for something in/near MK? We are doing Ohana the night before already.

With respect to 1900 PF, it's been many years since we've been there. Terrible? Probably not compared to the other WDW buffets, I just thought I'd mention that as someone who has read many reviews of the eatery over the past few years. Folks here often say the characters at 1900PF are hilarious and very much worth the trip there. I used to love the food at 1900 PF but that's prior to it being a character buffet, and probably dates back to the 80s.

Last edited:
Definitely go twice!! As people have said its a different experience :) We have a lunch and dinner reservation for our upcoming trip in February. If I had my way we would have been there for breakfast as well!!! ;)

All comes to person preference. Are you planning a full day at MK? Staying after dinner..i.e. no break from the park? An alternate would be jump on the monorail and head to ohana at Poly or other monorail restaurants. Ive heard great things about the food at the food court in the Contemporary so that would be a quick tasty option possiblu

I would keep both...there are 3 different rooms to dine in...we had both dinner and breakfast there our last trip in September (two different days)...and last year we did breakfast twice and lunch once...I would do all 3 meals again if I could for future trips! My favorite meals from there were breakfast croissant doughnut, lunch braised pork, dinner steak.

I'd keep them... I've enjoyed Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at BOG

But I will say that Breakfast with the Dining Plan and early entry to the park... is the big draw for Breakfast at BOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter