• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG-soup or salad instead of desert on ddp?

kandb

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to get a soup or salad instead of a dessert if you are on the ddp? Is French onion soup an option? Would love to have that instead of a desert.

For the dinner TS, it should be. The new rules say that you can, but until someone tries to do it and reports back, we'll not know for sure.

It should also be true for lunch since the soup has been a snack credit in the past, but again, someone needs to try to do it.

When do those new rules go into effect? I want to do this as I love soups, but most times I can pass on desserts. I hope someone tries this and can give us insights on this.

When do those new rules go into effect? I want to do this as I love soups, but most times I can pass on desserts. I hope someone tries this and can give us insights on this.
Supposedly, the new rules went into effect two weeks ago, but there's been no official announcement or confirmation yet.

According to unofficial reports, you can trade the dessert at TS for salad, soup, or fruit plate. It is unclear if all these options will be available at all TS though. One place might have all these substitutions available and another could only allow fruit according to how I read it.

Has anyone gone to BOG for dinner since 5/31? Just wondering if there was any substitutes for desserts? I have heard the desserts are really good there, so maybe not that many people are substituting.

Is it possible to get a soup or salad instead of a dessert if you are on the ddp? Is French onion soup an option? Would love to have that instead of a desert.

Of course until official not sure but Touring Plans says:
  • Guests who do not want a dessert will now have the ability to substitute that dessert choice for either a side salad, a cup of soup, or a fruit plate. Do keep in mind that this is only available upon request and substitutions may be limited. Guests will not be able to select an appetizer option instead.
It really sounds like the TS locations will have a specific side salad, cup soup or fruit for substituting. I imagine they will be more mass produced. You can not use any appetizers on the menu so that would include the French Onion Soup. If you want it you can use a Snack Credit for it.

That's going to be up to the restaurant - if they want to, they could offer the onion soup as a substitute, but they'd have to offer it specifically, it doesn't sound like they would let you choose anything off the menu. They could suprise us and say you can have the onion soup. And when Disney says a cup of soup, I take that to mean that it may not be a bowl, i.e. full serving, of soup.

Of course until official not sure but Touring Plans says:
  • Guests who do not want a dessert will now have the ability to substitute that dessert choice for either a side salad, a cup of soup, or a fruit plate. Do keep in mind that this is only available upon request and substitutions may be limited. Guests will not be able to select an appetizer option instead.
It really sounds like the TS locations will have a specific side salad, cup soup or fruit for substituting. I imagine they will be more mass produced. You can not use any appetizers on the menu so that would include the French Onion Soup. If you want it you can use a Snack Credit for it.

You can get the soup as a snack credit at LUNCH, but not at dinner.

You can get the soup as a snack credit at LUNCH, but not at dinner.

You've always been able to get it with a snack credit. What I am wondering is how will they handle with this unofficial new process? BOG seems to have more variables. I am expecting longer lines as guests and CMs try to muddle through. Glad I'm not going back until fall and still might pack my lunch. QS lines already full of guests with blank stares can't imagine now. But again Disney has said nothing.

You can't get soup for a snack credit at dinner - table service does not take snack credits.

They are saying you can substitute ANY side at QS (lunch) but you are restricted to what the restaurant offers for TS (dinner).

Are there any substitutions for dessert at BOG for dinner? Can you get a salad or cup of soup instead of a dessert?

Are there any substitutions for dessert at BOG for dinner? Can you get a salad or cup of soup instead of a dessert?
Yes, there should be dessert substitutions available at dinner. Exactly what those are, no one knows unless they work there or have gone since the changes and asked. Even then, we don't really know yet if substitutions will be the same all the time or vary depending on the chef or season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter