• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG seating question

What meal?

Breakfast and lunch, you seat yourself according to availability. Dinner, you can request, but as it is TS, the entire restaurant is not always open (they only book a fraction of the available tables for dinner; kitchen capacity is an issue) and server tables have to be balanced so you may not get your request.

We've had dinner there twice and didn't request anything, nor did the hostess ask us. I would imagine that you can request, but as the poster above said, they may not honor it depending on any number of things.

Breakfast, it's seat yourself.

Dinner, you can ask for something, but may not get it. They pack the place at the QS meals, but book less than half the available chairs for dinner based on kitchen capacity. TS servers also have to be balanced out on table assignments/number of diners/etc. per contract.

Breakfast, it's seat yourself.

Dinner, you can ask for something, but may not get it. They pack the place at the QS meals, but book less than half the available chairs for dinner based on kitchen capacity. TS servers also have to be balanced out on table assignments/number of diners/etc. per contract.

It's always baffled me how empty it looks in there at dinner - I can't think of a reason they'd build such a small kitchen!

When we had dinner there in December of 2013, we were seated in the main ballroom right near the windows. We didn't request a particular table or room.... it was just too busy and we didn't want to have to wait for a certain spot. It was packed...the only room we saw some empty tables was in the music box/portrait room. Didn't see a single empty table in the ballroom or West wing.

When we ate dinner there in October 2014, we asked for the West Wing, but didn't get it. Would have been a longer wait and it was a MNSSHP night. We had a beautiful table by the window in the dining room and walked through all the other seating areas to see. We are dining there again on December 1st, and doing the MVMCP that same night. I will ask again, for theWest Wing, and hopefully we get it! But if not, well, that's okay too! We're in The Most Magical Place Ever, after all! No seat is a bad seat when you're in MK! ☺️

we were there just in mid-August. requested West Wing - they said let us check availability. they said we can put you in for the west wing but it would be an approximate 40 minute wait vs. an expected 10 minute wait. we were hungry and opted not to wait. :mickeybar

Last edited:
You might have a better chance during breakfast or lunch. I was able to snag a table in the West Wing during lunch. The family was just getting up and I asked if I could steal their table, they said sure and I put my stuff down and the table was cleaned while I got a drink.

In my experience, they're bluffing. Or just really bad at estimating.
thats certainly possible - but when we looked around the west wing room, it was really full. in any case, we were too hungry to wait! the meal was fantastic, by the way, with one of the best servers I have ever had anywhere. are we allowed to list names? would love to give her a shout out.

We got to sit right by the Christmas tree by the window last holiday season. It was magical (except for the many many many people coming to take photos by the tree). I actually have never eaten in any other room and would love to. This time we are going just before the Halloween party so we will take whatever table comes up for us to save time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter