• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG Question

MellyBeans

Mouseketeer
Haven't been to Disney in a couple years. The last time I went BOG was TS dinner, and just CS lunch. Can anyway explain what the deal is now to me? This is a semi last minute trip, so booking a TS dinner is probably no beuno. Can I still get in for CS lunch? Or breakfast? Do I have to reserve that too? Is it still CS even? Did I miss the boat already?

Lunch is still counter service, dinner is table service. I have no idea what breakfast is, I thought it was TS too, but I just read something today that makes me think I'm wrong on that.

Anyway, reservations are definitely needed for all meal times

Haven't been to Disney in a couple years. The last time I went BOG was TS dinner, and just CS lunch. Can anyway explain what the deal is now to me? This is a semi last minute trip, so booking a TS dinner is probably no beuno. Can I still get in for CS lunch? Or breakfast? Do I have to reserve that too? Is it still CS even? Did I miss the boat already?
Breakfast and lunch are still both counter service, but you need a reservation to be able to get in (unless you're prepared to wait a long time at the gate & just hope there's an opening.)

It is CS for breakfast and lunch, TS for dinner. But, you really do need reservations. It's possible you could get in by walking up, but very, very, very unlikely. However, keep an eye out for reservations popping up, especially 1 to 2 days before you're there.

Is it the same 180 day window for the CS reservation? If so, dang, I missed the window :(

It is, but with QS at BOG, you can try to split your party up and get ADR's at times that are close together. For example, if you have a party of 3, try splitting it into a group of 2 and a group of 1 around the same time. You pick your own table at BOG QS, so as long as you can get into the restaurant, you can get a table together. If you are a smaller party, you can try walking up at non-busy times. Not guaranteed and you have to be prepared to be turned away, but we've walked up successfully twice as a party of 2.

Keep checking! I've been checking religiously for our Halloween trip and got lucky! I just kept trying and finally the date and time that i needed was available. It was like winning at a slot machine. So happy! Mouse dining also has a reservation finder and it's a free membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter