BOG or Crystal Palace?

debg

Mouseketeer
We've not eaten at Crystal Palace since it became a character meal, and not at BOG since they changed to the fixed price menu. Both are so pretty. Cost doesn't matter. The question is, which has the best food? This is for my 65th birthday dinner and I can't seem to make a decision. What say you? Thanks so much.

debg

I have never been to Crystal Palace so I can only speak on my experiences at Be Our Guest. I do know that Crystal Palace is not acting as a character dining experience at the moment. At BOG, you will still get to see Beast as he makes brief appearances throughout the restaurant. While I wouldn't consider either one to be a fancy dinner spot, I would consider BOG to be nicer due to its atmosphere. My husband and I had dinner at BOG in July 2020 and it was very good. We both ordered the filet mignon and both steaks were cooked to perfection. The warm bread served before the meal was addicting. I opted for the lobster bisque and he had the French onion soup for our appetizers; I definitely would recommend the French onion soup after tasting both. BOG would be my vote for a birthday celebration spot!

BOG has more of a "special occasion" feel in my opinion.

Edited to add that I've only eaten at Crystal Palace for breakfast, but have had dinner at BOG twice and both times it was very good.

I have never eaten at Crystal Palace, but I can speak from experience at BOG - the food was so good! I have read plenty of mixed reviews, and I was a little concerned (just because of the price), but we had a wonderful experience! I had the French Onion Soup for my appetizer, my husband had Maine Lobster Bisque. I had never tried French Onion Soup prior to my meal, and it was just so delicious and cheesy! We both had the Center-cut Filet for our entrée, and again - it did not disappoint. I feel as though I could have done without the dessert trio, but that isn't saying a lot because I am not a dessert person.

My Dad kept the kids on evening so my husband and I could enjoy a nice dinner together, and it was a wonderful experience! 10/10, would recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter