• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG lunch?

Cynister

How long until the next vacation?
How does this work? I read it is QS but then saw people talking about reservations. I'm confused. We've done dinner, but never lunch.

How does this work? I read it is QS but then saw people talking about reservations. I'm confused. We've done dinner, but never lunch.

Yes it is a CS at Lunch and they take ADRs. I don't know if you can do a walk up. We got an ADR for our up coming trip

BOG is counter service for breakfast and lunch, but you make ADR just like a table service, and walkups are sometimes not an option here. When you arrive, you check in just like you would have for dinner, and they take you in, the hallway where Beast meets at dinner is where you then place your order (or you can preorder) and then you choose seating in whatever area you want, they bring your food to you.

I've asked before if it's possible to do walk up for lunch here & the overall consensus seems to be make an ADR bc walk ups are never guaranteed. I've had lunch several times by reserving a table & have enjoyed the food every time so I definitely recommend trying it since you haven't been yet. The food is good, you are still served your plates (Real plates & silverware, not paper & plastic) to your table even though it is QS & I always enjoy the atmosphere inside the castle. :)

It is quick service...but with reservations. And a different type of ordering system from ordinary QS.

It is true...walkups are never guaranteed. Without a reservation you won't know if you can get in or not.

WDW restaurant reservations are not like they are holding a table for you anyway. With BOG breakfast/lunch they are pretty much just a timed entry system. You will choose your own table once you get inside (and finish ordering if you didn't preorder.)

It's a QS .
You get online ( providing you have adrs )
You place your order at a kiosk that's a pain in the butt.... You don't even speak to a person - well you do because the kiosk is temperamental and you will need help.
Next you find a table....in a crowd.... You help yourself to drink station...another hot mess...god forbid you need ketchup, a napkin or extra something...
Then, your meal arrives ... And it is .....
Delicious !!!!! My sandwich was excellent. We have also had dinner there . The food is always good !!
I will just know next time where to find all the things.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Yikes, Tricia's Mom! I didn't realize it would be a free for all inside with reservations.

I've never experienced a free for all at the bazillion times I have eaten at BOG. It's usually just my DD and I when we go and 99% of the time we preorder our food. We have never had trouble finding a table even at the height of lunch time. If all we can find is a dirty table, I have my DD wait by it and ask a nearby CM to clean it. We find our table before we grab drinks. There are large carts in every dining room full of forks, spoons, knives and piles of napkins. We really enjoy BOG and have it booked 2x for breakfast, 3x for lunch & 2x for dinner for our trip in June.

Have eaten many times for lunch and it's getting more and more crowded. I would still book lunch in a heartbeat but it can be hectic but certainly not so bad I would avoid going. I think having an ADR may lead some folks into thinking it would go smoother than it sometimes does. While most our meals have been glitch free, we have had issues. It is good to know there may be bumps.

- I have pre-ordered and had my meal not showing up in system, causing me to have to use the kiosk anyway. I hear that complaint often.
- I don't know how, but it seems most guests can not figure out how to use the kiosks. They are the biggest cause of the long lines outside. If they send you behind a family having issues, don't waste time, ask to be moved.
- Do NOT stop and stand at a dirty table. Once your MB or rose stops moving your food is being put into carts and lined up to be delivered. I have more than once seen food delivered to families standing at a dirty table unable to sit. CMs even told us our first visit to find a clean table.
- I have had a CM help me find a table when the restaurant was packed.
- There are drink machines and all needed items in every room. They may not be obvious but they are there so don't worry about backtracking to the ballroom for your stuff.

We have done breakfast multiple times, lunch many times and dinner. Lunch is our favorite meal there. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the info.

Yikes, Tricia's Mom! I didn't realize it would be a free for all inside with reservations.

I've never experienced a free for all at the bazillion times I have eaten at BOG. It's usually just my DD and I when we go and 99% of the time we preorder our food. We have never had trouble finding a table even at the height of lunch time. If all we can find is a dirty table, I have my DD wait by it and ask a nearby CM to clean it. We find our table before we grab drinks. There are large carts in every dining room full of forks, spoons, knives and piles of napkins. We really enjoy BOG and have it booked 2x for breakfast, 3x for lunch & 2x for dinner for our trip in June.

I agree - have eaten there several times for lunch, it's usually plenty busy, but not a free for all. Have used the kiosk without any help also, and found it very easy. Did preorder this time to see what the difference would be, if any. In fact, we're here now, and have lunch ressies for tomorrow. Love their braised pork and french onion soup. It's definitely our favorite CS.

I was looking at preordering but it says they can't split checks with the preorder. I have my family linked, but we have two rooms. Will they be able to work with that with needing two bands or is it easier to just order there? Doesn't really matter to me either way, just curious.

I was looking at preordering but it says they can't split checks with the preorder. I have my family linked, but we have two rooms. Will they be able to work with that with needing two bands or is it easier to just order there? Doesn't really matter to me either way, just curious.
I'm glad you brought this up. This was a pretty big problem for us, across 3 resort rooms. I preordered for everyone, and once inside they charged all the meals to my dining plan. It took at least a half-hour back at the resort desk that night to straighten out.

If you're using the dining plan, definitely make sure it's separate orders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter