• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG Lunch

ougrad86

OU Sooners Football Fan!
We were able to snag a BOG lunch. I have heard conflicting reviews about the food quality. What would be the best item to order? And where is the best place to sit? I have heard about three different rooms, but not sure which one is "coolest". :flower:

I love the braised pork. Comfort food, very flavorful. And I just have to get a Master's cupcake!

I sit in the Rose Wing, because there is usually the most space there. You can walk through the West Wing to see it, as well.

It's such a great spot to cool off, hydrate (self-serve drink stations), enjoy a nice lunch, and enjoy the ambience, all for the price of a counter service meal.

The roasted pork is amazing. My daughter had the turkey sandwich and loved it. The strawberry cupcake is divine.

I like the West Wing but if you have little ones it might be scary. The main dining room is beautiful and you can't go wrong there. Try today near the Windows so you can watch the snowfall.

Braised Pork is sooooo good. While the room with the enchanted rose in it is cool, you will likely be dealing with a steady stream of people using their flash cameras taking a zillion pictures throughout your meal (which can be very irritating).

The West Wing is very cool, but very small and fills up quickly. You can definitely walk through each room to see it and then pick someplace with more space.

Food is such an individual preference that I won't attempt to make a suggestion. I have had several of the choices and have enjoyed them all, so just order what sounds good to you. I agree that the West Wing can be scary for little ones, and I avoid it because it is so dark . The main dining room is beautiful, but when it's crowded, it has all the ambience of a chaotic high school cafeteria. My husband and I enjoy the Rose Wing, to the right of the main dining room. I feel as if I'm eating in an art gallery . The cushioned benches along the wall are very comfortable, and it is much quieter and a bit more elegant in there, and it is rarely crowded in there.

- We have not had any bad meals but at this point I would probably order PORK meal all around. It's a great value for a QS meal.
- Unless on the dining plan, I'd probably skip any of the desserts and spend my money on something in the park.
- 3 rooms but only 2 from the movie - the Ballroom and the West Wing.
- Ballroom is stunning and while eating you can take in all the details. Seats by the windows and snow are nice.
- West Wing is very cool and fun to eat in. Dark, can be hard to find seat since small and many other diners come in to see it.
- Rose Gallery has nothing to do with the movie, they just needed a way to fit Belle/Beast into the restaurant. Big room, seems popular with families with younger kids and I want to sit in a room in movie.

The music box room (Rose Gallery) is kinda just a room. A nice room and with a lot of space but the neat stuff, as others have said, is in the main room and the West Wing (which is, oddly, where the rose is!) The pork is good and I liked the Croque Monsieur (grilled ham and cheese). As I recall their fries were also good. I do think that as it has gotten busier here the quality has gone down but still pretty good, especially for quick service!

I love the croque monsieur! Fabulous. The grey stuff cupcake is good as well.

We've been several times for lunch and usually choose the ballroom or west wing. We have yet to sit in the rose gallery and hoped we'd get lucky and seated there for our dinner, but ended up in the west wing. Next time we do lunch I'll make the rose gallery a priority! Whenever we walk around I find the rose gallery to be the quietest as the ballroom is usually packed and the west wing has intermittent "thunder" that might startle younger children.

Well, as one OU Sooners' fan to another . . . [and that college has gotten alot of our hard earned money because of my stepsons - our son is next]

as previously mentioned, the braised pork is fabulous - just like what mom makes [if your mom is a great cook:cutie:]. I also like the french onion soup.

BOOMER . . .

OU fan here too!!

We ate there about a week ago. I had the roast beef sandwich and other than being a little dry it wasn't bad. DH had the braised pork and said it was pretty good. The Master's cupcake was good but it was just a typical cupcake. Nothing special. We sat in the Rose gallery and it was pretty quiet compared to the ballroom. Hope you like it!

Another vote for the braised pork. It was by far the best quick service meal I had on my last trip.

We've been there 5 times and had a good and bad version of turkey sandwich (too dry), beef sandwich (too well done), pork (too salty), and French onion soup (too salty or just plain bland). The tuna salad is quite good but we have to be in the mood for it. The desserts are all pretty good.

I just filled out our lunch pre- order last night for our visit in 3 weeks. All I've ever had is the braised pork and all DH has ever had, is the roast beef sandwich. We've had dinner there once and lunch there three times. It's the only lunch Where I eat something that heavy in the middle of the day- it's that good. Very tender,but not a lot.The portions are on the light side and the desserts are small, so we even allow ourselves to indulge there also. We've never eaten in the West Wing, as I find it a tad too dark. The one time we ate dinner there,it was so we could have a pic with the Beast. Although we enjoy and are fans of lunch, I have no desire to go back for dinner. The food was just okay and our table position was absolutely awful and we weren't given the option of waiting for a different table. We were right at the entrance to the ballroom and at the entrance to the Beasts' meeting area. It was like eating in the middle of Times Square. Just awful. Our next visit,for lunch,I was determined to find a decent table and we ended up in the back of the Ballroom,next to a window and next to the Christmas Tree,which had just gone up( last November). It was the first time we could see the falling snow and sitting next to the tree was magical! We do like the Rose Room,as it's peaceful,nice room between tables and you feel like you're getting a nice break in the day. To us,unless you're near a window in the ballroom,you can get the feel of being in a large,pretty cafeteria. It's a restaurant that has the ability to give you either a great or not so great experience,so you should plan on going more than once over your WDW visits.

All very helpful. Always interesting to hear the different perspectives and the reasons for a preference. :-)

We had breakfast there instead of lunch, but we sat in the room with the statue of Belle and Beast dancing (I think this is what everyone calls the Rose Wing). It was pretty quiet in there. We've had dinner in the main dining hall, which was nice then, but at breakfast it was really loud.

I got the charcuterie meat and cheese plate thingy, and the quality was very good. However, the portion sizes were TINY compared to the pictures that people have posted on blogs, and I'm not a big eater by any means, especially not for breakfast. My piece of brie was a bit larger than my thumb. My bread was the size of my fist. That was just really not enough for me, and certainly not for $20. My mom got the same thing and her brie was the same, but her bread was just slightly larger. Bread is pretty cheap, and my little loaf was pitiful. There was plenty of meat for me (not a big eater, and also there was not near enough bread to put it on), but the meat was less than pictured on blogs from many months ago. I had heard people complain about portions and just figured they were big eaters, but it seems that portions are reduced on at least some days.

It didn't help that our party of 6 was all on the same ticket, so we had two pastry plates for 6 people, which also wasn't quite enough.

The braised pork was a winner when I had lunch at BOG. I also loved the lemon cupcake - so refreshing yummy. I also tried the cream puff but it was only so so.

I love the West Wing for the atmosphere and the ballroom is just beautiful. Had the chance to eat in both and enjoyed both experiences. Looked at the Rose room and just wish it had a little more to do with the movie. It's lovely, just doesn't come from the movie. BOG was a majority of the inspiration for last years trip to Disney since Beauty and the Beast was always a favorite of mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter