• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG Lunch Reservation Question

andiraye

DIS Veteran
We are a party of 6. I am able to get a lunch reservation, but not at a time I want. I'd like to schedule several reservations for smaller groups at times that are close to each other (for example, 3 people at 12:15 and 3 people at 12:20) but MDE won't let me -- when I go to reserve the 12:20 slot, it says I already have a reservation (for 3) at a conflicting time (i.e., 12:15). What am I doing wrong? Do I have to make the second set of reservations under another MDE account?

You can't have more than one reservation at the same time in one MDE account. What you can do is have someone from your group create their own MDE account and then you can set it up that way. OR you can probably call and get each reservation under a different name.

Yes I made 2 reservations at the same time but with different accounts. It's open seating so it should be fine.

It's open seating, but you may or may not be able to get a table that's appropriate for your party's size. And if you do, you might be taking it from someone who booked a reservation for large party. So just be careful and courteous. :)

Heard of a few people doing this. I can 100% see why but seems a little unfair on large groups with adrs. Not sure how disney runs adrs seating for quick service so maybe the have contingency for this

It's open seating and you can sit with whoever you want. There are very few small tables and tons of big tables so you should have no problem. They won't check people in more than 10 minutes early though so can't have times too different. You can pre-order all the meals on one account if you want as well if you want all the food to come out together. They check people in before they walk up to teh restuarant so there is no penalty for not ordering food as long as they check in.

Follow up question. I'm the head planner in our group. There are 6 in our party. I have BOG lunch ressies on 3 separate MDE accounts. When our FP+ window opens I was hoping to reserve our FP+ times for all 6 of us through my MDE account. Is that going to work? In other words, all the magic bands/KTTW cards will have to be linked to my MDE account. Will we still be able to use the BOG ressies made on the other MDE accounts? How?

You just need to be linked up as friends/family with the others and you will be able to make the FP for them. If they don't have a MDE account you just add them as friends to yours and if they do it send them an email to link up with you. To check in at BOG they can use the name or scan the magic band so each set of people will check in. It's very easy. I just handled a group of 42! The ones who wanted to take control over their own stuff were able to set up an account with the concierge at the resort but we were still all linked up too which was handy for memory maker pictures and when we wanted to get extra FP at the kiosk I could do it for everyone and just text them to let them know where and when.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter