BOG FP+ No show penalty?

pjpoppins

DIS Veteran
So we got an invite for this yesterday. If we make a selection but then don't use it will we be penalized? We are doing water parks for the first time this year. That added to FP+ (and doing the dining plan with ADR's) has made planning tough. And I'm a planner. But trying to keep options open so I'd like to try the BOG FP+ (we have a dinner reservation too so not crucial) but I don't want it to determine our plans that day if we decide to stay at BB all day or something.

No.

There is no credit card guarantee on a BOG FP+ like a regular ADR. It is a FP+, and just like an attraction FP+, if you don't go, you miss the experience. :thumbsup2

You're gonna book a FP Lunch that you likely won't use AND you already have a dinner ADR?

Momma always said if you can't say nothin nice, say nothing at all, Buzz.

I actually missed my ADR for lunch. I thought it was on a Monday and it was actually on Sunday. Oops. Realized that Monday morning and was actually able to rebook the Fast Pass+ for lunch for later on Monday since I actually didn't get to use the fast pass on Sunday.

I did not have food preselected.

You're gonna book a FP Lunch that you likely won't use AND you already have a dinner ADR?

Yup. This is the reason they require the credit card numbers and charge a penalty for no shows. People would make reservations at four different parks at the same time to cover their bases and then not cancel. Thus preventing other people from getting reservations.

Yup. This is the reason they require the credit card numbers and charge a penalty for no shows. People would make reservations at four different parks at the same time to cover their bases and then not cancel. Thus preventing other people from getting reservations.

True... but, There is no CC guarantee on the BOG lunch fast pass plus.. It doesn't fall under the category of ADRs -- yet.

I never said I was gonna book it. That was why I asked on here first. If it looks like there is a good spot for us to check it out then I will book it but I already have 6 ADR's to work around.

To me that's the same as not saying something nice.

Just saying next to A&E this is the hardest to get thing in WDW. Your original post made it sound like you would book it, and if you didn't use it, who cares. Read the the thread about ADRs people are chasing, most people would do anything to get their hands on one, and you made it sound like Ho hum, if we use it, great. If not no big deal. I have no doubt there are tons of people sitting on ADRs they have no intention of using, which to me is quite selfish.

If I misread your original post, apologies. Probably just frustrated that its looking less and less like BOG and CRT are happening for our trip.

Just saying next to A&E this is the hardest to get thing in WDW. Your original post made it sound like you would book it, and if you didn't use it, who cares. Read the the thread about ADRs people are chasing, most people would do anything to get their hands on one, and you made it sound like Ho hum, if we use it, great. If not no big deal. I have no doubt there are tons of people sitting on ADRs they have no intention of using, which to me is quite selfish.

If I misread your original post, apologies. Probably just frustrated that its looking less and less like BOG and CRT are happening for our trip.

*claps VERY LOUDLY* Would LOVE ANY BOG ressie for my trip and been checking like CRAZY. This will be a very special trip for us as will be celebrating my 30th birthday and just surviving a very difficult year. So many of us are dying for this ressie for their trip.

The OP making a lunch FP+ reservation at BOG isn't going to keep someone from getting a dinner ADR there. :confused3

No problem. I was a little defensive I guess. I wouldn't just book it (and haven't yet - I believe you have to pick your entrees now and I haven't had time to look at our schedule never mind ask our party what they want to eat next month) for the fun of it. I just wanted to know if I would be charged if something came up as I stress about these things.

Thereby taking a lunch ressie away from someone who would do anything for it.

Actually different, someone waiting in line will get in faster and use the spot just like if you no show a ride fp. You didn't take the spot away from anyone, you just are making the SB go faster.

No problem. I was a little defensive I guess. I wouldn't just book it (and haven't yet - I believe you have to pick your entrees now and I haven't had time to look at our schedule never mind ask our party what they want to eat next month) for the fun of it. I just wanted to know if I would be charged if something came up as I stress about these things.

You don't have to select your entrees now. There are two different buttons to hit. You can select or not select.

Thereby taking a lunch ressie away from someone who would do anything for it.

If someone wants a lunch FP, they just need to log in and get it. These are fairly easy to come by. And if it's not used, the stand by line just moves quicker. It's not like they're saving a table for that FP. This is nothing at all like the evening ADRs that people are stalking. I've actually not heard anyone saying they couldn't get a lunch FP if they wanted one.

Bit of an overreaction to a non-issue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter