BOG FP+ Didn't Work!!

Wef

Earning My Ears
I used the link that has been circulating to make a FP+ reservation for BOG lunch. When we arrived at the restaurant, they couldn't find our reservation anywhere. :confused3

It was a big disappointment, especially since the line was huge and the place hadn't even opened yet. I was listening to a podcast and they said that if you didn't receive an invitation via e-mail to try BOG FP+ then, it wouldn't work. Has anyone else has this same experience?

Oh NO!!!!!! Did they let you in anyways? Were you able to "see" your BOG FP+ on the screen after you made the ressie?

I did see it on the screen and I had checked it many times. What I DID forget to do was get a screen shot. I had checked the night before and it wasn't coming up, so I was afraid there was a problem.

They didn't let me in. And they weren't all that sympathetic about it, either. I told them I was upset about it and I got a firm "I'm sorry" and that was the end of it. The restaurant is so popular and I'm sure people try all kinds of tricks to get in. I had the impression that this has happened to lots of people.

I had a somewhat similar experience. They could see my reservation, but nothing I'd preordered showed up so I had to wait quite a while even with the FP. I'm glad I waited though, it was a nice lunch. Sorry it didn't work out for you :(

I used the link here also. I did print out the confirmation page. Hopefully that's enough...we'll see.

Sorry it didn't work for you :(
We had no issues at all when we did it. I used the link posted here (did not receive an invitation).

The same thing happened to us. They let us in anyways though

Did you have anything to show to them? I hope they still let people through with at least a copy or screen shot.. what a bummer for those that are getting turned away :(

I spoke to someone last Friday in Disney Tech Support. They said if you use a link that is not sent from them, it will not generate a real BOG FP+ reservation. They said you will get an invite the 1st day of your reservation.

Just sharing.

That's what I gathered. It's important for people to know this before they go.

I really want to do the BOG lunch but I've decided after reading this to just hope for one of those invites. If it happens, awesome! If it doesn't - maybe we'll wait in the line or maybe we won't. It will be a great trip either way. Thanks for sharing and sorry for the disappointment, OP.

We got in last summer with the link, but they didn't seem too pleased about it. I suspect Disney has gotten wise to it.

For those who they couldn't find your name, had you gone back and logged into the BOG website to make sure it was still there before your trip?

For those who they couldn't find your name, had you gone back and logged into the BOG website to make sure it was still there before your trip?

It was there before I left, but was not there the night before the reservation. As you'll see in the above messages, it seems that it didn't work because I used the link that everyone is giving out, but I didn't receive an official e-mail asking me to join the test.

We used the link for our trip the second week of March and it worked fine. When we checked in, they had our reservation. Our pre-ordered picks, however, did not show up when we went to pay, but it only took a minute or two to put them back in. Having said that, I wasn't at all impressed with the lunch food and prefer dinner much more!

Glad to know all of this! We received an invite WHILE ON our last trip, that I didn't even see until we were on the plane home! :rotfl2:

We had done BOOG for dinner, so it wasn't a big deal, but I'll be on the lookout for an invite for our next trip... :thumbsup2

Oh no! I hope this doesn't happen to us. I have a screen shot and I printed out the confirmation to carry with us. I think I will write down our selections on the back of the paper in case they don't have them when we get there. I'm sorry this is happening to so many of you :(

I used the link that has been circulating to make a FP+ reservation for BOG lunch. When we arrived at the restaurant, they couldn't find our reservation anywhere. :confused3

It was a big disappointment, especially since the line was huge and the place hadn't even opened yet. I was listening to a podcast and they said that if you didn't receive an invitation via e-mail to try BOG FP+ then, it wouldn't work. Has anyone else has this same experience?

So you didn't receive the email invite and you are upset? Looks like your attempt at "cheating" the system failed. Glad to see that Disney is watching this.

So you didn't receive the email invite and you are upset? Looks like your attempt at "cheating" the system failed. Glad to see that Disney is watching this.

I was unaware that you needed an invitation until I returned home. I thought the link was for everyone. By the way, it seems that many people who didn't receive the email are getting in.

I don't see how it's cheating the system. Nowhere has Disney suggested that it's invitation only. It seem to be a case of you only find out if you speak to the right people or read in the right places. You have to enter your onsite reservation details on there anyway so it creates the impression that you have to be staying onsite as the only pre requisite to being eligible. I was certainly under that impression before posts of it not working started to surface

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter