• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG/Feast a la Gaston?

Buntington

Mouseketeer
How is it? We've got an 8 a.m. BOG ADR in Feb. and it looks like the best option for me. Pictures would be a bonus. I found a couple of posts from earlier this year and it looked very underwhelming, so now I'm second guessing it. Also wondering how the kids' meals are-is it worth ordering one for a 3yo or is there enough food on the adult plates to share? Thanks.

I don't have pictures but we just did BOG at 8:10 last week. DH got the Feast. There were three of us (all adults) and we got a plate of pastries to share. The feast included eggs, potatoes(with peppers) and fruit. A beverage is included as well. DS got the kids french toast. The pastries and feast were more than enough for DH. I would say that you could share some with your 3yo and be full.(unless the 3yo is a big eater!) The best bonus was that we finished eating at 8:30 and went out to line up for the mine train. We were the second family in line. They let us on the ride at 8:45 and did two rides by 8:50!!

That sounds great! Except on the menu it says the feast is supposed to have bacon and sausage too-were those part of the meal? I don't like bacon but the kids do, so I was kind of thinking they could have some of my fruit, bacon, and pastries and that would be enough for them. The 3yo is not a big eater most of the time, and the 1yo just picks at food since she is so little so we never order a meal for her anyway.

Yes, we are definitely hoping to get on mine train right away! We'll have to do rider swap but still--the earlier the better.

Thanks-I think I'll probably end up ordering it after all.

Have you had the grey stuff cupcake there? It's listed as $4.99 on the menu. For that price it had better be gigantic, not a mini cupcake.

Also- keep checking the MK hours as the last time we had a PPO breakfast, the hours changed to an 8am opening!

No we didn't have the cupcake- I did see it in the case they wheeled by. I thought it looked regular sized.

Have you had the grey stuff cupcake there? It's listed as $4.99 on the menu. For that price it had better be gigantic, not a mini cupcake.

Feast Photo AND have had the cupcake a few times, it is not gigantic, it is a regular sized cupcake like you would get at grocery bakery.

To me tastes like a Publix cupcake, nothing special. The grey stuff is like chocolate cool whip. Was overpriced when it was $2.49 so .....

b44492080cfb25.jpg

Okay, skipping the cupcake. And that definitely doesn't look like a feast--in fact it doesn't even look super high calorie. Probably going to get it anyway because I'm not big on sandwiches. I don't think they should call it a "feast" when it looks like that, though.

I had two teenage girls each order a feast (so two full meals), neither of them liked the sausage, and finished everything else on the plate plus the pastries. They were hungry less than an hour after the "feast". My sandwich was fine, and kept me full, but I don't know that I would go back there for breakfast. Even as a dining plan credit it didn't seem worth it, and the food was not that spectacular. We all said we will go back to Crystal Palace before doing this breakfast again.

I split Gaston's Feast with my 9yo ds because I'm not much of a morning eater. He ate most of it while I ate a pastry and picked at our entrée. I was very underwhelmed my it. Nothing special, certainly not worth the $25 price tag imo but it got us into the park early and fulfilled his wish for eating breakfast at BOG. I don't see myself booking breakfast there again anytime soon.

Yeah, I don't see us doing it often! My son wants to eat in the Beast's castle once. We love CP but we're already going there for dinner for DD's birthday in April, and even the $25 per adult is still way cheaper than character dining.

Feast Photo A

b44492080cfb25.jpg

so this pic shows the fruit but not the pastries. Pastries come with it, correct? If 2 of us have a reservation, but only order this one meal, how many pastries exactly will we get, does anyone know (and what are they)? I only want the eggs and a pastry, DD would have the sausage, bacon, fruit, and potatoes (and maybe a pastry). Just wondering if this will work before I place our order.

so this pic shows the fruit but not the pastries. Pastries come with it, correct? If 2 of us have a reservation, but only order this one meal, how many pastries exactly will we get, does anyone know (and what are they)? I only want the eggs and a pastry, DD would have the sausage, bacon, fruit, and potatoes (and maybe a pastry). Just wondering if this will work before I place our order.

From EasyWDW

"Each separate order/receipt should receive the tray of five pastries and they should bring you two trays if your order is for five or more entrees."

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/be...nd-new-rope-drop-touring-plan-strategy-12617/

This seems to be the smallest offering I have seen. ONE of these trays with approx these 5 items.

be_our_guest_breakfast_rope_drop-48.jpg

Last edited:
thank you.
i have to laugh at the $24 price tag...but, i'm on the DDP so I guess it doesn't matter. 5 pastries is certainly enough for me and my DD to share along with 1 order of the Feast. I can't even fathom dishing out $48 for 2 of those meals and I definitely am not wasting 2 QS credits. That plate is smaller than you get at any local breakfast joint where they might charge you $7-$8!

Do you think you could order breakfast for 5, and share with 4 people? Would that get you an extra tray of pasteries??

Maybe I'm crazy but when you are dinning in a beautiful castle one would think you might expect something along the lines of a 'feast', instead, it is a 'faux feast'. :rolleyes1Anyhow, against my better judgement we have a PPO ADR at BOG this month, but not because we loved the food. We are going with extended family, and we have five littles in the group, so we will benefit from the head start in FL and 7DMT. I've already warned everyone about the food, so we will maximize meal sharing. The littles are getting the enchanted rose light up cups so they'll be happy. I am getting coffee; enough said. Oh, and I agree, the cupcakes that should be fabulous are sad.

I had the cupcake and not it was not huge but it was my first taste of the grey stuff...I enjoyed it. My husband had a breakfast, I had the cupcake and we ended up wrapping up most of the pastries to go with us for later in the day.

The littles are getting the enchanted rose light up cups so they'll be happy.

Just know that supply of those cups has been very erratic, and BoG *doesn't* have those cups much more often than they do have them. I guess what I'm saying is do not build the expectation that they WILL get those enchanted rose cups...because there's a very good chance they won't be available unless there's a drastic change between now and your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter