BOG FastPass

Leeanne

Loving Life as a Princess with my Prince Charming
Spreading Magic (https://www.facebook.com/SpreadingMagic) on Facebook has just posted this:

"FastPass+ will become a reality on May 2, 2013.
You'll be able to order your Quick-Service lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant ahead of time, show up at your reservation time, scan your MagicBand+ or Card and sit down."

They are the only one showing this (that I can find). Anybody know anything about this?
Thanks!

They aren't responding to anyone asking for details on the page either. Seems weird. Wonder where they got the info from.

They aren't responding to anyone asking for details on the page either. Seems weird. Wonder where they got the info from.

I noticed that. And none of the other websites show anything about it!

Spreading Magic (https://www.facebook.com/SpreadingMagic) on Facebook has just posted this:

"FastPass+ will become a reality on May 2, 2013.
You'll be able to order your Quick-Service lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant ahead of time, show up at your reservation time, scan your MagicBand+ or Card and sit down."

They are the only one showing this (that I can find). Anybody know anything about this?
Thanks!

Nobody has magicbands. RFID cards would be scannable.

But where will people go online to "make their reservation" and order their food? This would be a modified ADR for quick service, not really a fastpass.

Very strange language in that Facebook post.

I think this is just testing of the FP+ concept with BOG. More than likely select resort guests will get the opportunity to pre-order lunch.

And that's if it is even true. No mention of any testing at the usual sources.

Fastpass testing at BOG has been going on for some time, I would suspect this is nothing more than that. We have participated twice over our last two trips.

Concierge at select hotels have passes to offer to guests of the resort. You select an available time proceed to the kiosk to the left of the bridge before entrance and place your order there. You are given a different colored rose (gold if I remember correctly) than the normal QS Our food was at our table after we got drinks and we were in and out both times within 30min.

I don't know that I would use a fastpass for this but it was very convenient.

Fastpass testing at BOG has been going on for some time, I would suspect this is nothing more than that. We have participated twice over our last two trips.

Concierge at select hotels have passes to offer to guests of the resort. You select an available time proceed to the kiosk to the left of the bridge before entrance and place your order there. You are given a different colored rose (gold if I remember correctly) than the normal QS Our food was at our table after we got drinks and we were in and out both times within 30min.

I don't know that I would use a fastpass for this but it was very convenient.

That just sounds like a concierge bonus version of normal ordering, where you get to pick a reserved time. It may be a form of what FP+ will get you as well though.

That just sounds like a concierge bonus version of normal ordering, where you get to pick a reserved time. It may be a form of what FP+ will get you as well though.

Add the option of booking this through iPhone and that is a fastpass +.

I love the convenience, but would never use a limited FP+ for that.

this would be great. I have dinner ADRs, but would love to also try the lunch since I've heard such great things about the lunch.

I don't think I'd want to stand in line for 30+ minutes, so this would be cool.

You don't order in the restaurant, so no wait and the pass you are given has "Fastpass +" printed on it.

You don't order in the restaurant, so no wait and the pass you are given has "Fastpass +" printed on it.

Where are you ordering? I know they have kiosks inside for self-ordering as well. It sounded just like there was a separate one for concierge guests, outside the overall crowd.

The reported way of how full FP+ will work supposedly will allow for ordering in advance before arrival via web/app/kiosk/etc.

It just sounds like concierge guests are somewhat guinea pigs of a limited version of what the full FP+ will offer.

I would love to do this. We will be there in 5 weeks or so. We are staying BC CL, I wonder if there is a chance we will get to participate?

a prior poster just noted that when on the Fastpass you order outside, at the area where they have the check-in for dinner.

a prior poster just noted that when on the Fastpass you order outside, at the area where they have the check-in for dinner.

This. I don't see how ordering ahead would save much time as long as you were ready to order. We ordered, found seats, got drinks and or food was there. So, about 5 min. from arrival at the check in counter outside to receiving our food.

This. I don't see how ordering ahead would save much time as long as you were ready to order. We ordered, found seats, got drinks and or food was there. So, about 5 min. from arrival at the check in counter outside to receiving our food.

It would save park time by ordering at a different convenient time instead of standing around making decisions while right there...and frees up the kiosk for someone else. Get there, swipe, sit.

If you already know what you want to eat, sure, it won't take long other than to enter it all in - but how many people really know that before they walk up and see the menu, and can figure out how to enter it all in quickly?

This is speculation at this point, but based on how they described it. They could have gotten it all wrong, too...they can't even describe Rider Switch correctly... :)

It would save park time by ordering at a different convenient time instead of standing around making decisions while right there...and frees up the kiosk for someone else. Get there, swipe, sit.

If you already know what you want to eat, sure, it won't take long other than to enter it all in - but how many people really know that before they walk up and see the menu, and can figure out how to enter it all in quickly?

This is speculation at this point, but based on how they described it. They could have gotten it all wrong, too...they can't even describe Rider Switch correctly... :)

A fabulous point. :thumbsup2

I have a close friend whose dad works for WDI on 7DMC and he is lead on Avatar. He told me about this several months ago. It is all turning over tables in the food business. The quicker you turn them the more profitable the establishment . . . .BOG is a bigger hit than even WDW had hoped for so this is how you get even more out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter