BOG Doubts

It's worth it, good food, great strawberry cheescake cupcake for dessert! And, you get a photo-op with the Beast. We ate there 3 times last week, one for lunch and dinner our first night and last night. Lunch was rushed but the grilled ham and cheese was great. Dinner is much more mellow and laid back, more adult menu and the food was pretty good. Enjoy

I just wen tthere with a friend. It's not a place specifically for kids. There were a lot of adults eating there. The mussels and beer are awesome. I didn't get an entree. We met the Beast...fun.

I don't do DDP so I don't know about the worthiness of using dining credits here. I'd rather have the appetizers than the entrees personally. Can't you find a way to use the credits? They're good for counter service too, which would be better than just letting them lapse.

Are you already eating breakfast at CRT? If not, I would switch Kona to CRT, which would use the extra credit. If you go to BOG at lunch instead, you'll be using one of your credits. This will leave you short & require you to eat dinner at a non-signature one evening.

I made a dinner reservation for August as this was my youngest DD's only restaurant request. After seeing the menu and hearing the mixed reviews, I would be lieing if I said I didn't have my doubts. So, after reading some others experiences, we've decided that we will keep the ressie but we are not going to waste a TS credit here. Instead, we'll just order just an app and dessert and pay OOP.

So, I'm going to WDW for the first time ever in September and I'm going solo. I upgraded to Deluxe from free dining, and am usually planning for one table service and one signature a day.

On my MK day, I lucked into a BoG reservation...for 4:45. It makes for an awkward day, since I can't have lunch and then such an early dinner. Current plan is to have breakfast at Kona, a snack and then BOG.

But now I'm doubting. I've heard such mixed reviews and I won't have kids with me. Is it worth it? Maybe I should give up the res and go spend the credits somewhere nicer. Or try for lunch and do dinner elsewhere. I'd like to see the castle, but I'm worried its not worth the hassle.

Thoughts?
The food was good in Dec. Two of us had steaks cooked just as we ordered them. DDIL had the ratatoule. While she said it was ok. She will order something else next time. BUT! The experiance is the BEST! The themeing is unbelievable. IMO it is a must do. You have to see it at least once. I am going back in Nov! Cant wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter