BOG Child Warning

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
DD and I just returned from a eight day visit to our happy place. We did a lot of counter service dining since we shared this adventure with my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter (DD's niece, not child).

We were excited to try BOG and made a special trip to MK just to have lunch there. The wait on the bridge looked like it would take forever but it actually moved along very well. I wish there had been a restroom close by as a potty training toddler in a long line is not easy. We reached the CM directing people inside in about 30 minutes. We entered a shorter cue and then we were directed to a ordering kiosk. There was a CM handy to help us with our order as the previous guest had not been able to get her credit card to swipe.

We then entered the eating area that consists of three different rooms. The first and center room was a gorgeous ballroom. It was a bit noisy in there so we headed left to enter the next room.

This was the West Wing room and was darker with not enough lighting for my old eyes but we did walk all the way around the room and headed to the rose area.

Poor little DGD saw the rose and figured out where we were. She loves the movie and she went into panic mode. She cried hysterically and pulled at us to quickly leave the room. We left as fast as we could so as not to disturb other guests. Once outside the room she calmed down. She then told us that we were making the Beast very angry. We were not to be in that room. We finally figured out that in the movie the Beast tells Belle not to go to the West Wing and to stay away from the rose. Well being a child the movie was reality and she was really shook up by being so close to the rose!:rotfl2:

We ended up eating in the room with the bigger than life music box of Belle and the Beast. It was a lovely room and DGD was happy there.

I just thought I would warn others with small children that lunches in the West Wing may upset kids who love the movie and take it all literally.

I'm so glad you mentioned that. That is something my daughter would do and it never occured to me!

Finally! A story about a child who freaked out about something other than the menu options! Great story. Thanks for sharing. :flower3:

The West Wing also has very dim lighting, somewhat creepy decor and a fake thunderstorm. Parents of very sensitive kids, beware.

While waiting in line it is possible to approach the CMs near the door and ask to use the bathrooms. I saw lots of people do this.

Thank you for the warning. This is definitely something that would upset my very sensitive DD3.

I loved that story. Thanks for sharing. It is amazing how kids can remember such details.

Too cute! My 6 year old didn't want to eat in that room either! ;) She wanted to walk through it and look at the rose, but she didn't want to sit in there where it was dark and stormy and stuff was slashed up. She deemed it "creepy". I can't imagine what she would have done when she was 2, probably run out screaming and made a scene!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter