• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG breakfast- True Quick service/order what you want?

asktriplets

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We've been to BOG for lunch a year ago with the Magic BAnds, so I understand how the ordering/delivering works (which I think is so fun!).

We have a reservation later this week for breakfast at 8:15 (park opens at 9).
Assuming we order through MDE ahead of time, can someone who has been there recently please answer a few questions me?

1. If we get there 5-10 mins prior to our ADR time and get seated roughly on time, any idea how long before our food arrives? Is it reasonable to assume that we'll get seated roughly on time?

2. Is it still a "find a seat where you can" free-for-all, or will they take you to a table?

3. Is it still a quick service in that we can order what we want regardless of how many people we have in our party? I'm guessing that at least 1 of my 12 year olds is going to want to order from the kids menu, and I'm assuming that my DH and I will want to split a meal, rather than each order 1. OK to do so?
Will they allow that when I order through MDE, or they require an order for each "adult"?

4. If we're out the restaurant door by 8:50, is it likely that we'll be able to ride 7DMT right away?

Thanks for your help!

I can answer the "item per adult" thing... they allow you to order just what you want. My husband and I wanted to split a meal, so I just put one on the preorder. It allowed it.

You will seat yourself and it really is not a free for all. This is a gynormous restaurant. They may not have all of the rooms opened at 8 AM, but as the guests increase will probably open the one that remained closes.

I was impressed with the speed in which the orders were prepared and then served. By the time the nine of us were settled and had all helped ourselves to beverages, the food arrived. WE have been given two baskets of pastries, i believe, and then when the food was served it was served all at one time.

I do not know what your ADR is scheduled for, but folks were all allowed into the MK at one time, and the CM's did not seem to be worried about times, they jut wanted to get folks in line, ordered and then seated. If you want to get served early, and this is for an early morning ADR< go to the MK early.

We got out at 8:40 and waited a few min to where the CM was holding people. I asked him if we were going to get to ride. He said he was waiting for the ok. A minute later he said to our group we could get on and would get 2 rides before the masses got up there. We did get 2 rides in and then the wait was 40 min.
Try to get to BOG closer to 8 and pre order. That saved a lot if time. This was last week.

There last Monday for 8 am.
- We pre-ordered but it didn't show up in system.
- Had to place order again.
- Had complete pick of tables minus the Rose Gallery.
- Food took about 10+ minutes to show up.
- Was outside at 7DMT at about 8:40.
- They let us on 8:45, we were first car.
- When we got off the standby was open, full and wait time long.
- Apparently 9 am to open park is not true, other posters said park opened closer to 8:50.
- There was nothing I could have done different to get on sooner or ride again.
- Very glad I kept my FP+, I almost let it go.

We were there for an 8:10 am ressie.

Great photos with photographer in front of castle. Got photo with totally empty Fantasyland in background (iasw).

Seating choices wide open. Had food by 8:10. Ordered 2 breakfasts for 4 people. No problem. Food was very good and fresh. High quality for QS and great dining plan value. Out by 8:35 and in line for Mine Train. Got in first car of the day. Rode twice before rope drop crowd arrived. Wonderful experience all around.

Has anyone had breakfast at BOb recently and headed to Anna and Elsa? Our res is also 815 for a 9am open and would love to get there since we couldnt get a FP for our daughter to meet them. Would love to know if they also let people in a little early.

When you say you rode twice, did you get off the ride and walk through the FP line again or did they let you stay on the ride? I'm asking b/c my family will have to take turns b/c we have a baby, and I'm just not sure how it would work with the rope drop crowd coming. Even if we ended up in the rope drop line, it could get very chaotic asking for a rider switch.

When you say you rode twice, did you get off the ride and walk through the FP line again or did they let you stay on the ride? I'm asking b/c my family will have to take turns b/c we have a baby, and I'm just not sure how it would work with the rope drop crowd coming. Even if we ended up in the rope drop line, it could get very chaotic asking for a rider switch.

My kids are 8 and 10. We had to get off the ride and go around the line again.

Will they let adults order from the kids menu? My husband has no desire to try anything on the adult menu and just wants to order the scrambled eggs and bacon kids meal. Will they let us do this?

Will they let adults order from the kids menu? My husband has no desire to try anything on the adult menu and just wants to order the scrambled eggs and bacon kids meal. Will they let us do this?

I'm sure that would not be a problem. However, if you pre-order they wouldn't even know it was for an adult anyway. Just wanted to warn you that the kids portion of eggs and bacon is very, very small. It's unlikely to fill up an adult.

Atlantadisneydreamer, what time did you arrive at the gates? We have a 8:10 and I was hoping we could be in the park by 7:45 or so... My absolute favorite part of any trip is walking down a nearly empty Main Street and enjoying the sights and anticipation of the day!!!

Thanks so much for everyone's replies. It's our first morning there, and I'm so excited to start the trip with this!

Atlantadisneydreamer, what time did you arrive at the gates? We have a 8:10 and I was hoping we could be in the park by 7:45 or so... My absolute favorite part of any trip is walking down a nearly empty Main Street and enjoying the sights and anticipation of the day!!!

Thanks so much for everyone's replies. It's our first morning there, and I'm so excited to start the trip with this!

This was our experience below .....

Did it this morning .... 8 am ADR at BOG, Park opened at 9, am staying offsite

- Parked at TTC
- All guests going to MK and monorail resorts for meals were directed to buses
- Monorail and Ferry not running and we were permitted up ramp for resort monorail
- Someone posted this is not every day but some days for maintenance
- Arrived at MK via bus at the resort bus depot
- Only Security check to the left was open
- CMs holding signs for Dining reservations
- CMs all asking if we had Dining reservations
- If Yes they scanned your MagicBand to verify and number in party, then let you pass
- Sent us to the left ticket scanners, maybe 4 were open
- After we were then roped in to a line skirting left side to under the train and held at other end of tunnel
- Some guests were arriving early but no dining so they went through more middle, inside roped area front of train station.
- We were held to almost 7:45 then let in and by then the line was pretty long.
- Made our way back to BOG, no stopping and we made it just before our ADR, CMs blocking lands and guiding you

iPhone%20October%206%202015%20796.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter