• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG Breakfast-Solo Adult Pastry Tray and the Kids Menu

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I have an 8:00 AM reservation at Be Our Guest for my upcoming solo trip and have a few questions.

As a solo diner will I still receive that huge honking plate of pastries?

If yes, can I order from the kids menu? An adult entree plus the pastry platter would be waaaay too much food for me, especially that early in the morning.

Thanks!

Not sure about the kids entree. As a solo diner you will get the pastry plate, but won't include chocolate croissant. At least that's what was happening in April when I went.

Thanks! I'm a huge Beauty and the Beast fan and love lunch there so thought I'd try breakfast when it won't eat up park time. I just don't think I want to spend the $$ just to end up binning half of it!

I'm staying off site and have a whole day at the MK planned so I really don't want to carry stuff like that around in the September heat.

Any solos out there ever order from the kids menu?

I believe there are some reports on the board that adults have ordered from the kids menu without incident.

Not sure about the kids entree. As a solo diner you will get the pastry plate, but won't include chocolate croissant. At least that's what was happening in April when I went.
ummm, i have a solo BOG breakfast coming up in november, and that's not cool! i thought i'd have an advantage, not having to fight anyone for it! lol

I'm staying off site and have a whole day at the MK planned so I really don't want to carry stuff like that around in the September heat.

Any solos out there ever order from the kids menu?

Yes--I did it last Saturday. No problem.

I have a solo trip coming up and will be there next Friday. I'm interested to know as well. I had planned on bringing a zip lock bag to stick a few pastries in my backpack as I definitely will not be eating all of them if I order the open faced breakfast sandwich.

If you don't mind saying, what came with your meal? I'm planning to pre-order.
Thanks!

DW and I pre-ordered, too. She got the open-faced poached egg and bacon sandwich and fruit plate. I got scrambled eggs, bacon and fruit plate. We shared a pastry platter that had a danish, croissant, chocolate croissant and 1 other pastry that I can't remember. I got a soft drink (my motto: "Diet Coke: It's Not Just For Breakfast Anymore!" :D ) and she got coffee. She wanted to add a juice and the guy at the register said just to get one & didn't charge us.

If you don't mind saying, what came with your meal? I'm planning to pre-order.
Thanks!

We ate at BOG for breakfast a couple of weeks ago and we did the pre-order. My DD (18) ordered the scrambled eggs with bacon & fresh fruit from the children's menu (it also came with a cold beverage so she just got a bottled water).
DH & I both ordered the open-faced bacon & egg sandwich with fresh fruit (came with a cold or hot beverage). Everything was delicious!

P1100011 (640x480).jpg

ummm, i have a solo BOG breakfast coming up in november, and that's not cool! i thought i'd have an advantage, not having to fight anyone for it! lol

I know I was disappointed. Then disappointed again when Anna for my character meet wouldn't stop talking about it when the helpful CM mentioned they had it for conversation. Although a foodie group had posted that you might be able to ask for more, so maybe just ask for it if they don't bring it initially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter