BOG breakfast sharing?

shellyj

Mouseketeer
We've been to BOG in the past, but never for breakfast. Are the breakfast entrees large enough to share? They seem to be designed to be shareable but I don't want anyone to walk out hungry. Nor do I want to commit a huge faux pas.

We're traveling with a group of first timers and the magic of the food appearing at the table plus the special feeling of a PPO breakfast made me snag this one first when we hit 180. Now 55 days out I am finally taking a close look at the menu and $25+drinks for a QS breakfast is not going to go over well when we could have done the buffet at Boma for not too much more.

It depends on your breakfast appetite and which one. The pastries help, but they aren't large really.

Are the breakfast entrees large enough to share? They seem to be designed to be shareable but I don't want anyone to walk out hungry. Nor do I want to commit a huge faux pas.

No faux pas. You can order as much or as little as you want just like any other QS.

As to sharing, it depends on what you order and how much you normally eat for breakfast. I think the open faced sandwich is shareable, but the quiche and the puff pastry would be on the small side for sharing for my crowd. The croissant donut is probably shareable due mainly to the sticky sweetness of it, but I do have a teenage boy who could eat the whole thing.

Watch park hours. Often the ppo becomes not ppo

This is a great use of a cs credit. It is a lot when paying cash.

The beasts castle is pretty cool. But is very pricey breakfast. I would do boma. Big fan

Yeah. My concern is that when you mention Boma, Boma is all you care to eat. By comparison, even the larger BOG entrees are small.

I'm about to cancel my PPO BOG Breakfast because it became a non-PPO due to an earlier park opening. Argh!!

Take a look at the kids' meal options at BOG. Although the portions are small, along with the pastry basket they are perfect for us - and much cheaper! The eggs and bacon meal is our go-to for each of the 4 of us (me, DH, DS11 and DS13). Sometimes we will also get a 5th meal of French toast to share (although it's VERY small). This is a great option if you're more excited about eating at BOG and getting there PPO than the food.

Thanks everyone. I watch the park hours pretty closely once we hit 60 days and right now it's a PPO on a PM EMH day, so I'm feeling confident we'll be ok for ppo.
Boma is our most favorite restaurant (and AKL is our fave resort) but we already have dinner at Boma and breakfast at Tusker House plans for other days, so this isn't instead of, it's just something for the first day. We don't do ddp anymore, it makes us miserable and we actually spend less going oop even though we never skimp. I don't mind spending $25 on a meal, but what I see on the menu doesn't seem worth it for one person. Honestly, I don't love the food at lunch there, anyway, but the magic of the food arriving and being inside the castle has always been worth it for us. I was surprised breakfast was so much more expensive.

Thanks everyone. I watch the park hours pretty closely once we hit 60 days and right now it's a PPO on a PM EMH day, so I'm feeling confident we'll be ok for ppo.
Boma is our most favorite restaurant (and AKL is our fave resort) but we already have dinner at Boma and breakfast at Tusker House plans for other days, so this isn't instead of, it's just something for the first day. We don't do ddp anymore, it makes us miserable and we actually spend less going oop even though we never skimp. I don't mind spending $25 on a meal, but what I see on the menu doesn't seem worth it for one person. Honestly, I don't love the food at lunch there, anyway, but the magic of the food arriving and being inside the castle has always been worth it for us. I was surprised breakfast was so much more expensive.
We did a PPO breakfast here and split 2 dishes between the 4 of us. It was nice getting into the park early and eating in the castle. I would do it again, but the food was just OK and the drink stations are a bit chaotic.

We've been to BOG in the past, but never for breakfast. Are the breakfast entrees large enough to share? They seem to be designed to be shareable but I don't want anyone to walk out hungry. Nor do I want to commit a huge faux pas.

We're traveling with a group of first timers and the magic of the food appearing at the table plus the special feeling of a PPO breakfast made me snag this one first when we hit 180. Now 55 days out I am finally taking a close look at the menu and $25+drinks for a QS breakfast is not going to go over well when we could have done the buffet at Boma for not too much more.
We shared on our last trip but it was with our young girls to keep costs down, I think for adults it wouldn't be much food but I guess it depends on your appetite. We also made sure we ate our breakfast in our room before we went so we weren't that hungry. The breakfast meals are not a lot, more gourmet than sizable portions. We enjoyed it but if I went again, I would try for before MK opening to make it more worth while or a different meal time.

We shared on our last trip but it was with our young girls to keep costs down, I think for adults it wouldn't be much food but I guess it depends on your appetite. We also made sure we ate our breakfast in our room before we went so we weren't that hungry. The breakfast meals are not a lot, more gourmet than sizable portions. We enjoyed it but if I went again, I would try for before MK opening to make it more worth while or a different meal time.

Yeah, for those prices I would definitely be dropping it if it wan't a ppo! I'm leaning heavily towards keeping the ppo reservation but bringing a hearty snack for mid morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter