BOG Breakfast ...my experience

We had the bacon and egg sandwich and the decadent cronut, we shared the two and then took the extra pastries to go and ate them later as a snack, they packaged them in a nice box for us. We went on Mother's Day and loved BOG and are headed back in a few weeks again.

Does anyone know if it's possible for an adult to order from the kids' menu? Not on the dining plan. Thank you!

I did this at our 8/22 BOG breakfast. I just wanted straight-up, plain ol' bacon & eggs, and the only way to get that was off the kids menu. Between that, the accompanying fruit dish and the pastries, it was more than enough.

DW had the open-faced bacon & egg sandwich and she really enjoyed it. She said the poached eggs were perfect. We both agreed that BOG was a nice intermediate step between the standard QS breakfast and a buffet. Between the early entry, beautifully relaxed walk down an empty Main Street, the breakfast itself and the early 7DMT rides*, we thought it was worth it and would do it again.

*--Yes, we know it's not guaranteed and we weren't counting on it. Even if we hadn't been able to do 7DMT, we still would've enjoyed the overall experience very much.

Last edited:
I did this at our 8/22 BOG breakfast. I just wanted straight-up, plain ol' bacon & eggs, and the only way to get that was off the kids menu. Between that, the accompanying fruit dish and the pastries, it was more than enough.

DW had the open-faced bacon & egg sandwich and she really enjoyed it. She said the poached eggs were perfect. We both agreed that BOG was a nice intermediate step between the standard QS breakfast and a buffet. Between the early entry, beautifully relaxed walk down an empty Main Street, the breakfast itself and the early 7DMT rides*, we thought it was worth it and would do it again.

*--Yes, we know it's not guaranteed and we weren't counting on it. Even if we hadn't been able to do 7DMT, we still would've enjoyed the overall experience very much.

If you didn't have the fruit would the kids portion been enough? I am not a huge breakfast eater and the kids choices look better to me but I don't eat fruit.

^Yes. I only ate the strawberries and grape out of the fruit (I don't like melon--I know, it's weird, don't ask) and thought it was plenty. Eggs, bacon, pastries--more than enough, IMHO.

I think just walking down a nearly empty main street is reward enough. 7DMT isn't all its cracked up to be. BTM and SM are waaaaaaaaaaaay better.

I have an 8am BOG breakfast ressie coming up in a couple of weeks, I managed to get a dinner reservation well after I booked the breakfast. Im thinking of switching the breakfast to Kona or GFC. I have to stay in the MK area due to having a FP for 9am. I cant decide, but really really leaning toward switching. Weve done pre park opening before and have lots of empty park pics (but not Fantasyland). This post just up the % of me bailing!

We have a 9:10 ressie in Nov for BOG, if your on quick service dining can you order off the kids menu as well?

THIS!! :worship: Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich :love:- Poached eggs, Applewood smoked bacon, brie cheese and Arugula on a toasted Baguette served with Fresh Fruit $19.99
...was amazing! The poached egg was perfect... the brie was creamy, the arugula added some texture and a nice bite! Our breakfast was served at the right temperature and without much wait. I thought it was a really nice breakfast. Not too heavy or too light, either. So for the added bonus of being deep into Fantasyland for park opening, I don't think you can go wrong! o_O

We ate at BOG for lunch in 2013 and didn't like the food at all.

However, this year (August) we made an 8:05am breakfast ADR on a day the park opened at 9:00am primarily to get into the park early (and maybe ride SDMT - which we got to do twice before RD). We had really low expectations for the food but were pleasantly surprised. DH & I both go the open-faced bacon & egg sandwich and really enjoyed it. DD just got the kids scrambled eggs & bacon which wasn't really noteworthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter