• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG and Food Allergies

Know that the lunch (CS) kids' meals do not come with any sort of dessert options, just applesauce. You will need to pay extra (or use an extra snack credit on the dining plan) for a dessert. MY DS has an egg allergy (along with peanuts and tree nuts), so the cupcakes were out for him. DH and I each got a dessert (they were wonderful!), and bought the boys Mickey Bars as soon as we left :thumbsup2. --Katie

We just had dinner there with my adult DD who has celiacs and is gluten free. The chef came out and spoke to her. The only thing off limits to her from the dinner menu was the Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops - with seasonal vegetables served in puff pastry with a creamy lobster sauce and desert was limited to the Lemon-Raspberry Cream Puff -filled with lemon custard (Dessert is gluten-free and No Sugar Added) but we were too full for desert. They brought her a seperate basket of glutten free rolls and she was even able to have the french onion soup.

In our experience they were wonderful with the alergy issue. Even to the point that when they brought out her soup and saw a glutten free roll on my bread plate they asked again who was glutten free to make sure the food was going exactly where it needed to be.

We took my Peanut and tree nut allergy son there. We all got different bread for our sandwiches. They were very good.
He did eat the cupcakes!! The chef said they had to leave off some kind of decoration from them (fancy sprinkles, I think) because they don't know where those are made. But the cupcake was fine and made in a safe place.

For lunch, at the kiosk, you will hit the food allergies button, and will check off your allergies. It will then display what your safe options are. It will automatically modify certain options for you such as changing out the bread on certain items. It is easy to use if you are not looking to substitute out food items or have multiple allergies that may leave you with very limited options. I don't see why you couldn't request certain combinations of safe foods from the existing menu. Even though it is automated with the kiosk, there are Cast Members available and willing to help you place your order.

When you say that you check off your allergies, is there actually a thorough list, or is it just the standard 8 or so that Disney Dining offers for ADR bookings?

I'm allergic to chicken (as well as gluten) and that never seems to be easy to indicate or manage. If they have a vegetarian button, I could use that.

hematite153 said:
When you say that you check off your allergies, is there actually a thorough list, or is it just the standard 8 or so that Disney Dining offers for ADR bookings?

I'm allergic to chicken (as well as gluten) and that never seems to be easy to indicate or manage. If they have a vegetarian button, I could use that.

I'm assuming it is just the major, or big 8. Maybe gluten too? I'm not sure. I meant to look but they were so busy and try to get you through the line pretty quickly. There are CMs there that can help you, hopefully they can find you choices that will work and you will enjoy!

We are considering BOG for quick service lunch when we visit. Our kids are allergic to milk, soy, egg, peanut, treenut. Is there any hope of eating there?

I've heard they can't make any modifications. Has anyone eaten there with multiple allergies successfully? And do they stock any all the pre-packaged allergy cookies for dessert (since we can't have those cupcakes).

I've never had a counter service at WDW that couldn't be modified. I have 10+ allergies and there is always something I can eat. My allergies include peanut, tree nut and soy so subbing to see what people say as well.

I've never had a counter service at WDW that couldn't be modified. I have 10+ allergies and there is always something I can eat. My allergies include peanut, tree nut and soy so subbing to see what people say as well.

I've had a similar experience, but I'm avoiding BOG until they've got some of the kinks worked out. From what I'm seeing of the kiosks and ordering for lunch, it doesn't sound like they're really prepared for anything but top 8 and even with top 8 they don't sound all that prepared for those who have more than maybe 2 or 3. I hope I'm wrong but I'm waiting for others to try it before I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter