BOG @ 7:20pm...done in time for parade?

SullyD13

Mouseketeer
I'm going in October and after nonstop searching and refreshing I found a 7:20pm BOG dinner reservation that someone cancelled. We already had a lunch reservation for that day so I'm wondering which one to keep? I'm learning towards the dinner and from reading everyone else's posts it seems like dinner reservations are extremely hard to get so I should consider myself extremely lucky....

My main concern is will we be out in time to see the 9pm electric parade? I don't know how long the restaurant takes on average. Also, we want to enjoy ourselves...not be rushing through dinner just to get out. The electric parade is a must for us (haven't seen it since it was in Disneyland FOREVER ago) so I am really hoping we can do both.

Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you!

BOG dinner is certainly the most difficult ADR to get. For me, if I absolutely had to do both, I'd show up for my ADR 20 minutes early in case you can get in before 720pm and have all the menu items reviewed before showing up so you can order right away. Also, if you have a hopper - or are planning another MK visit, keep the parade for the next visit and enjoy BOG at a more leisurely pace.

I have not eaten at BOG dinner before, so I can't give you any insight as to how long it takes, but seems like a shame if you have to rush through it.

I think you are cutting it close. BOG is a sit down meal, so it takes time. FOlks line up for the parades early, so you arre really talking about geting in, ordering, eating, checking out this pretty castle, paying and getting out in an hour. It can be done, but I would not do it

While I think you could likely make the parade, I'm in the minority who enjoys lunch more. I think the appeal of BoG is more about being inside the castle vice the food and that atmosphere is the same (and cost is cheaper) for lunch

If you dine at 7:20 you will have a tough time getting a spot for the parade after. People stake out spots an hour+ ahead of the parade. When we were there this past March we had diner at 6pm at the GF then were back at MK by 7:30....we couldn't get a spot for the 9pm parade. We had to stand back along the walkway to the terrace. It was fine for Wishes but we couldn't see the parade.

I would suggest keeping the lunch ressie if you can't do the parade on anther night or keep trying for an earlier dinner. The lunch menu is almost the same as dinner and after you order it's served to you so IMO, it's not a whole lot different.... plus, lunch is less expensive.

While I think you could likely make the parade, I'm in the minority who enjoys lunch more. I think the appeal of BoG is more about being inside the castle vice the food and that atmosphere is the same (and cost is cheaper) for lunch
Oh no! My family prefers lunch as well. WE had dinner the week that they opened, and while it was nice my DGD and I had had lunch earlier in the week, and much preferred that. Since then, I look for lunch first.

I'm going in October and after nonstop searching and refreshing I found a 7:20pm BOG dinner reservation that someone cancelled. We already had a lunch reservation for that day so I'm wondering which one to keep? I'm learning towards the dinner and from reading everyone else's posts it seems like dinner reservations are extremely hard to get so I should consider myself extremely lucky....

My main concern is will we be out in time to see the 9pm electric parade? I don't know how long the restaurant takes on average. Also, we want to enjoy ourselves...not be rushing through dinner just to get out. The electric parade is a must for us (haven't seen it since it was in Disneyland FOREVER ago) so I am really hoping we can do both.

Any insight would be appreciated! Thank you!
Sorry, you seemingly want it both ways - not be rushed and done in under an hour. You may be disappointed one way or the other.

If anything, food at BoG (certainly during dinner) is known to arrive at your table too fast, not too slow.

'Hurried' is the pace at BoG, so you should no problems (particularly if you skip the mediocre cupcakes for dessert).

BoG was set-up as a banquet kitchen (because you are in a banquet hall) and little is being prepared after you order, rather, most things are ready before you order your food.

Thank you all! At this point I'm thinking about upgrading our tickets to hoppers so we at least have the option of going into MK another night in case we can't catch the parade.... Def want to enjoy both experiences to the fullest.

As for lunch vs. dinner is there anything different besides the food? And at lunch is everyone fighting for tables?

I think it'll be touch and go if you want to get a decent spot. You'll probably make it time-wise, but you probably won't be able to relax, and then all the rushing won't be worth it if you get a cruddy spot and cant' see much.

Thank you all! At this point I'm thinking about upgrading our tickets to hoppers so we at least have the option of going into MK another night in case we can't catch the parade.... Def want to enjoy both experiences to the fullest.

As for lunch vs. dinner is there anything different besides the food? And at lunch is everyone fighting for tables?

For lunch you'll seat yourself while for dinner, you will be seated by a CM

Dinner includes a photo op with The Beast while lunch does not.

We usually go in September, and every time we've gone there have been 2 electric parades. I noticed that usually this far out they don't list 2, but closer to the date that gets updated. I'm not sure if the same happens in October, but it might be something to look for and perhaps hold onto the dinner reservation for just in case.

You can add the hoppers to your tickets the day that you decide to park hop.....no need to add in advance if you're not sure that you need them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter