BodyMedia FIT

BirdsOfPreyDave

Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I've been using MyFitnessPal to track food and exercise for the past few months as part of my weight loss plan. I've been looking at one of their "partner sites" which is BodyMedia FIT.

I'm seriously considering purchasing one of these units. Does anyone have any experience with them?

350-609671-847__1.jpg

Anyone a current subscriber? If so, I'd be happy to use you as a reference when I buy to get you the two free months.

Hi,
My husband and I have been using the Body Media system since mid-January. We really like them. It connects directly to myfitness pal so you can track your exercise.

I highly recommend.

I also use the bodymedia armband, I have the link. I love it! It makes everything very simple, and I love knowing exactly how many calories I'm burning throughout the day. I also love that it syncs with MFP so that the two share data. I really recommend getting the link over the core because you can sync it whenever you want to, instead of having to wait and plug it into a computer, which is very helpful if you have a smartphone. Also, if you have a Costco membership you can get the link with a 1 year membership for the same price as just buying the link from BodyMedia directly. Bottomline, if you can afford it, I say go for it. Best 149 dollars I ever spent!

Thanks. I saw some very old posts from several years ago when I searched the WISH board. They weren't glowing reviews, but I guess the system has improved quite a bit since 2008. I'm glad to see others think it's worth the money. For the money, it looks like the convenience of the Bluetooth model is worth it. Thanks also for letting me know you're successfully using it with MyFitnessPal. I'm very fond of that application -- especially scanning barcodes to add food. I also have some friends using MFP.

I've been using MyFitnessPal to track food and exercise for the past few months as part of my weight loss plan. I've been looking at one of their "partner sites" which is BodyMedia FIT.

I'm seriously considering purchasing one of these units. Does anyone have any experience with them?

350-609671-847__1.jpg

Anyone a current subscriber? If so, I'd be happy to use you as a reference when I buy to get you the two free months.

I had version one and version two and really LOVED it. I am a bit of a tech junkie and really liked all the info it gave. Didn't like that you had to pay for the access to the website but it is what it is.

The profile is much smaller than the first versions which were a little clunky. I would constantly hit it on door frames, but it certainly held up to being knocked around.

Unfortunately I developed a reaction to the metal and could no longer wear it. But then I tend to have weird reactions that other people do not.

If you are the type of person who likes the "data" and will use it to challenge yourself to make improvements and "beat" your current movement you will really like it to.

Sent you a referral!
Thank you so much. I logged in this morning using the link in your email, and was about to purchase the cart. I'm an Amazon Prime member, and thought at the last moment that I should also check the price there, though.

Sorry to ask you to go to the trouble of sending me the link and then not use it, but the price on Amazon is only $119. That's cheaper than buying it direct even with the 15% off, plus I get free overnight shipping as a Prime member. I also have a $60 credit to use with Amazon from a previous promotion.

I apologize for not checking Amazon before posting here.

BirdsOfPreyDave said:
Thank you so much. I logged in this morning using the link in your email, and was about to purchase the cart. I'm an Amazon Prime member, and thought at the last moment that I should also check the price there, though.

Sorry to ask you to go to the trouble of sending me the link and then not use it, but the price on Amazon is only $119. That's cheaper than buying it direct even with the 15% off, plus I get free overnight shipping as a Prime member. I also have a $60 credit to use with Amazon from a previous promotion.

I apologize for not checking Amazon before posting here.

No you worries, just glad you got it AND were able to get a great deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter