Body Scrub recipe??

paysensmom

DIS Veteran
I saw a recipe once that said to put sugar, olive oil and something else. How do I make a great body scrub and where do you buy the smelly oil to put into it?
Thanks so much!!

I saw a recipe once that said to put sugar, olive oil and something else. How do I make a great body scrub and where do you buy the smelly oil to put into it?
Thanks so much!!

I just made one out of olive oil, sugar, and orange oil (McCormick, in the spice isle at the grocery store). I used about 1/2 c of sugar, just enough oil to make it like wet sand, and a couple drops of orange oil.

I bought my oils at a health food store, but you can probably get them in the pharmacy section of walmart or meijer. You want essential oil. The pics aren't great, but you can see how I make sugar scrub here.

I've never looked in the spice aisle, like Annie suggested. I'll have to try that.

I made some with white sugar, mineral oil, and peppermint oil. The oil was from the organic section of our grocery store. The mineral oil is clear, so it did not have the yellowish tint that olive oil leaves. I wanted it to be white since it was a sugar scrub.

I made some with white sugar, mineral oil, and peppermint oil. The oil was from the organic section of our grocery store. The mineral oil is clear, so it did not have the yellowish tint that olive oil leaves. I wanted it to be white since it was a sugar scrub.

I like the mineral oil idea. I'll have to try that next time.

Okay, I forgot to mention that I tried this last week. I just opened a jar to look at it and it is CRUNCHY!!! Do they all do that? I dont want it to be crunchy when I give it away!:eek:

Okay, I forgot to mention that I tried this last week. I just opened a jar to look at it and it is CRUNCHY!!! Do they all do that? I dont want it to be crunchy when I give it away!:eek:

Was it still crunchy when you stirred it? I don't know what would make it crunchy unless it just needs more oil. Could it have gotten some water in it?

my wife, who has made these kind of things for gifts in the past, says the crunchiness (word? sp?) is definitely due to not enough oil.

I didn't dig into it. I just opened it to see what it would be like after a week. I will try to add more oil. I love the idea of the brown sugar one though!

How long does it last?

You'll also need to add a tablespoon or two of either glycerin (sold in the baking/cake decorating area in Michaels & AC Moore) or honey so you body scrub doesn't turn brick solid. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter