• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boba Fett in the Park?

:thumbsup2 I really really hope they are there for Halloween!

Anyone know anything about the R2D2 popcorn buckets? Do they still have them?

I read on another website (not official Disney) that the Star Wars characters were at Disneyland to entertain the summer crowds and would not be coming out anymore once the busy summer season ended. Maybe they will return though when the big crowds come back.

We were there Aug 10-15, and the R2D2 popcorn buckets and dessert steins were still available. I haven't seen anything about how long they're expected to be around. There are often special holiday-themed buckets (like the Mickey ghost popcorn bucket last year) and other stuff during holiday periods though, so I wonder if the R2D2 stuff will be replaced by this year's holiday offerings.

I read on another website (not official Disney) that the Star Wars characters were at Disneyland to entertain the summer crowds and would not be coming out anymore once the busy summer season ended. Maybe they will return though when the big crowds come back.

Oh man, I hope that isn't the case. Though if it is I guess I'll just have to go back for Christmas! :santa:

Boba Fett was out in Tomorrowland this morning. Quite popular with the crowds!

Boba Fett was out in Tomorrowland this morning. Quite popular with the crowds!

Glad to hear it!

Even if it is just for the summer, I would hope the powers-that-be for Disneyland see what a draw the Star Wars characters are. (Well, I'm sure they knowbut can't explain my thought beyond that...) I always hear and read about people who wish there were more for boys at Disney. Lots of princess stuff but not so much for the fellas out there. (I know the acquisition of the Marvel stuff addresses that issue, but can Spiderman hang out in Anaheim while he's got a ride over at Universal? ) The nice thing about Star Wars is that the dads, sons, brothers, best friends, and uncles get just as excited. Heck, even my daughter wants to be a clone trooper for Halloween, so it appeals to the girls too. It's the type of thing that any age can get excited over.

Of course, I don't know how the whole George Lucas, Star Wars, copyright, trademark things work or the logistics involved, but I would love it if even just the Stormtroopers were to be regulars at the park. I just think it would be fun, and sometimes, I don't see beyond that.

I always hear and read about people who wish there were more for boys at Disney. Lots of princess stuff but not so much for the fellas out there.

:thumbsup2 Exactly! There are 10 Disney Princesses and there's Tinkerbell & 5 of her friends, Minnie, Daisy, etc. and that leaves only Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Buzz & Woody (the popular characters anyways) for the guys. Not alot. And Jedi Training Academy has an age restriction...so...not fun for kids under 6.

The nice thing about Star Wars is that the dads, sons, brothers, best friends, and uncles get just as excited. Heck, even my daughter wants to be a clone trooper for Halloween, so it appeals to the girls too. It's the type of thing that any age can get excited over.

Equal opportunity entertainment? LOL.

I hope that the Storm Troopers, the Fetts and R2D2 get sooooo popular that they have to keep them around all year. :dance3::woohoo::banana:

I was just reading one of the Disney official announcements of Halloween activities and saw a reference to the Storm Trooper meet-and-greets for the Halloween party. So it would seem that at least some Star Wars characters will continue to be around. Hopefully, their appearances won't be restricted only to party times but will continue recurring throughout the day for regular guests as well.

I was just reading one of the Disney official announcements of Halloween activities and saw a reference to the Storm Trooper meet-and-greets for the Halloween party. So it would seem that at least some Star Wars characters will continue to be around. Hopefully, their appearances won't be restricted only to party times but will continue recurring throughout the day for regular guests as well.

Where's the "Like" button when you need one? Oh well, this will have to do. :thumbsup2

"Equal Opportunity Entertainment" :rotfl:

We are going in a couple of weeks and I hope they are still out! My dh and ds are HUGE Star Wars fans. This would make the whole trip~!

Those of you going in the next month or so, let us know if you see any ST characters.

2 more weeks before we get there! Anyone seen if the R2D2 popcorn buckets are at the stands still?

We saw the stormtroopers last week and also bought an R2D2 popcorn bucket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter