Bob Iger back as CEO! Bob Chapek out

Very sudden and shocking, (though not at all surprising) but surely there's more to this than meets the eye.

I wish Iger luck, but relish new and fresh blood as Disney CEO in the next 48 months.

I honestly don't see much changing to be fair.

Chapek found a way to make money on something that was previously free, most companies wouldn't turn away a free new revenue stream even at a lower guest satisfaction rating.

That being said I could see Genie+ being tweaked to where it's more like FP+ but at a paid level.

They had the system already in place, I could see by 1/1/23 you pay $10 or $15 and you get access to FP+ where you can make 3 reservations and actually pick the time slot convenient to you, and if you utilize all three slots you then can make an additional slot over and over as long as you use them. Plus this would allow people who say only want to ride something like Haunted, Buzz Lightyear, or Pirates to be able to keep making reservations for those rides if there are open return times instead of the 1 and Done Genie+ experience. People will still be upset about paying for something that was once free, but it would give people a closer experience to what they were used to with FP+.

Got my kids to school and settling in to see what y'all think.

No way they will take away the money-making stuff that used to be free, but they do need to fix some of the public perception problems and fans feeling taken advantage of

Got my kids to school and settling in to see what y'all think.

No way they will take away the money-making stuff that used to be free, but they do need to fix some of the public perception problems and fans feeling taken advantage of
Exactly. This is to repair the image. I don't see them taking away anything that's profitable..... and they shouldn't since they are a for-profit business. That said, I do see them making changes to those revenue streams to modify the value perception of them. Iger will have 2 years to repair the damage to the Disney brand....and hopefully mentor a much more successful successor.

Never take your customer for granted. Ever and Unfortunately Disney has. This is a company wide issue especially among those in the corporate section. Clean and fix the parks. Keep Disney plus fresh with new and old content.

They also need to redo their public relations department and go back the old customer service model

Why didn't they announce on Mickey's birthday??? I doubt Iger makes any real changes. The Woke culture will still be there. The problems at the parks aren't going to change.

It will be interesting to see what Iger does personnel wise. Will Christine be pushed out? If so, I'd love to see Josh get that job to help groom him as a possible successor in two years.

That won't happen. People didn't like Iger either and he started the ball rolling for many of the things people don't like.

Which of these did Iger start the ball rolling on?
  • Park passes
  • Genie+
  • No Magical Express
  • Removal of AP sales
  • Paid Events
  • Dramatic price spike increases
Iger's issue wasn't that he did something it was that he didn't really invest in the parks (until towards the end with the one big D23). I don't follow it that closely though so maybe I missed something.

I feel badly that any one loses their job right before the holidays. It's lousy timing. I don't care what type of golden parachute Bob Chapek gets from TWDC, it stinks to get fired. Well, Big Papa Iger is back and the folks will now have a new object to direct their anger at.

I'm not sure what DISBoards will do for traffick now that there are no masking threads and no Bob Chapek must be fired threads to keep the juices going. Things are about to get boring! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter