Boatwrights or Boma?

nikkers

Mouseketeer
We just changed resorts, and will be staying at AKL. We have all of our ADRs made. Now that we are staying at AKL I am debating whether we should try Boma. Our kids are DS (5) and DD (2). I am thinking of cancelling Boatwrights and replacing it with Boma. Just wanting some thoughts on each restaurant. Thanks for your help!

We've eaten at both, and I'd say Boma hands-down. There really isn't anything special about Boatwrights, and I certainly don't think it's worth a special trip to POR just to eat there.

However, we always make a special "going-out-of-our-way" visit to AKL just to eat at Boma.

JMO, YMMV.

I was very underwhelmed with Boatwrights...Boma looks intriguing, so I'd definitely say go for it.

No contest- BOMA! Depending on the day, Boatwrights varies from bad to just okay... but Boma rocks :thumbsup2

DF & I both really enjoyed the breakfast at Boma while staying at AKL this past Jan. It was very accessable, and the food choices are quite wide...enough of a blend of exotic foods as well as breakfast staples. I would try the breakfast there if I were in your shoes, but not so sure about the dinner, as we didn't try that. The dinner buffet looked a bit more...exotic (for lack of a better word). With young ones, the dinner might be a tougher sell than the breakfast. Best of luck, and enjoy AKL...its beautiful. Pictures posted anywere just don't do the resort, Boma, or Jiko justice.

My wife and I like Boatwright's for breakfast, but for dinner, Boma wins hand down.

While I've never tried Boma,(maybe next time), we have had the misfortune of eating at Boatwright's in March this year. Breakfast may be OK there, but dinner was down right horrible.:eek:

I'm going to have to agree with all of the above posters and go with Boma. It is an every trip must do for my family, even before we owned at AKV. You will be fine, they not only offer exotic foods, they have a section with chicken fingers, pasta, etc.

Thank you everyone! I am so glad I asked. I am definately going to make a ADR for Boma.

Boatwrights gets a C-, while Boma gets a A, so go Boma. Not even close

I'd vote for Boma for either bfast or dinner (but especially dinner:goodvibes )

Boma provides a unique dining experience with the opportunity to try some different flavors. The selections include plenty of regular offerings if you have an unadventurous eater in your party. Everyone will be able to find something they will like.

If you go, don't pass up any of the soups. I've never had a bad one there!
I usually hit the soups and salads pretty heavily--they have some unusual salads and I love sampling the more exotic flavors. I pass on the roast meats (they have prime rib, some sort of poultry and usually salmon) I can eat that anytime:goodvibes And THEN, attack the dessert station. I love zebra domes and the little, tiny tarlets.

And, depending on your timing, it's fun to walk around the AKL before or after dinner. It's a lovely resort.

If you are talking about Boma breakfast you have got to do it, we think it is the best breakfast in all of WDW

Boma for dinner, we did not like it at all....the food wasnt bad it just was not to our liking = everything tasted heavy of cinnamon and spice

We've eaten at both. I would chose Boma without any hesitation! Not that Boatwrights isn't good; in fact, we love it as well. It's just that Boma is so wonderful! There are so many awesome foods to try, and 99% of it is delicious! I try the watermelon rind salad every time we go, and just can't bring myself to like it! We love everything we've tried on the dessert buffet though! :D I love the atmosphere, too. We're going back on our next trip!

The only reason to eat at Boatwrights over Boma is if you are staying there and even that isn't a very good reason. Boma, Boma, Boma, the best buffet at WDW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter