Boatwrights at POR - Bar??

the.leonhardts

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Going to do our first stay at the POR. We noticed that Boatwrights has a great bar menu. Question is -- is there a bar? Would love to stop in and have a nightcap when returning to the resort in the evening. . . Is there a bar you can relax at and have a drink or two without dinner?

Thanks!
Judy

Sure is! We tried it out a couple times on our recent trip. The pool bar is good too, but it is only drinks.

When you come in the main lobby, the bar is off to your left, right where you get the corridor that takes you to Boatwrights.

We're going the week of the 5th - looking forward to a slow period and trying the Royal rooms! Husband and daughter like to close down the parks - I tend to come back about an hour earlier. They can pick me up on the way back to the room. Not literally, I promise:rotfl2:.

Judy

The whole family will enjoy the bar at POR. Especially your daughter, if Pianoman Bob is playing.

The bar is named the River Roost lounge and is in between the general store and Boatwright's. It is one of our favorite experiences in all of WDW. On Thursday through Sunday there is a sing along piano player named Bob Jackson who is terrific. On our first trip to Dixie Landings (oops, PO-Riverside) we just wandered in to get a drink and were surprised by his show. Now we plan every trip to include a "Bob" night. After 9/11 Disney cut back due to falling tourism and Bob was let go for a while. An extensive e-mail campaign was able to get him back. He has since been named a "Disney Legend" (one of the highest honors a WDW employee can receive. Check out his website at www.yehaabob.com The lounge also has bar food such as wings and nachos that can be brought to your table. In my family's opinion a great time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter