• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boatwright Shrimp and Grits

kristie73

Mouseketeer
So on the Boatwright menu it says, Deep South Shrimp and Grits,
Sustainable Rock Shrimp prepared in your choice of Traditional or New Orleans Barbecue-style served over our creamy Charleston-style Grits.

So I want to order this, but which one do I order the Traditional or New Orleans Barbecue style? Anyone know the specifics on these?

I'm just getting excited for my trip in a few weeks and looking at menus. :yay:

I don't know if you listen to podcasts, but WDW Radio did a live dining review at Boatrights. I believe they ordered both versions and were discussing the differences. I just looked in my feed. It is show #444.

@Crystal824 Thanks! I hadn't listened to podcasts. So thanks for pointing that out to me. I still am not sure which dish to choose, because they both sound really good. I loved listening though.

I do not know the answer to your question, but the shrimp and grits at the House of Blues is one of my favorite meals at Disney Springs. It was awesome!!!!!

I think my wife had the Traditional and she loved it. We went to boatwrights on our last night last Feb and did not expect much. We left the kids in the room with pizza and we walked over to the resturant for our "date night". Not sure if it was just the fact we had the dinner to ourselves or the food, but it was one of our fav meals!

I get the traditional and it is yummy! I have lived in Orlando for 15 years and visited almost every Disney restaurant, but just tried this one a few months ago and we instantly loved it. The chicken and waffles is also amazing!

@Crystal824 Thanks! I hadn't listened to podcasts. So thanks for pointing that out to me. I still am not sure which dish to choose, because they both sound really good. I loved listening though.

Glad you enjoyed it. Talk someone else into ordering the other one provided this isn't a solo trip!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter