Boats from BLT to Wilderness?

ldietiker

Disney dreaming...
Hi all -

My family and I will be staying at the BLT at the end of May (just before Memorial Day). :cool1: I'm just thinking ahead about dining options and thought it might be fun to take a boat to Wilderness and eat at the Whispering Canyon for some lunch or dinner. Some references say that the boat between BLT and Wilderness say it is "seasonable" -- and I don't want to bother making reservations there (and not somewhere else) if there is not going to be a boat.

Does anyone know if this boat runs in May?

Also - if you've eaten at the Whispering Canyon (with children), I'd appreciate any advice about it.

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

It is a short walk to the MK boat docks from BLT so you could always take a boat from there if the one from the Contemporary is not running when you are there. I don't remember any boats from BLT directly when we were there in Sept.

I'm not sure about the boats, but we've eaten at Whispering Canyon many times (VWL is our home resort) and we love it! It's almost like a "mini" Hoop De Doo Review with much more "audience" participation. If you have kids they get to really participate. Just don't ask for Katchup! That turns into a REALLY big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our home resort is BLT. We always make a reservation at Artist Point for our first night. Our kids (and guests) look forward to the boat ride. We have done this in October, November and March, so I am sure that it would be running in May. It is a short ride there, but a long ride back bc you have to stop at Ft. Wilderness.;)

There is a small boat that runs from the Contemporary to the Wilderness Lodge.

We did this when we stayed at BLT. This was in the summer of 2010 and at that time, they had two boats going between CR, WL, and FW. One looped to FW first and then to WL and the other looped to WL first and then to FW.

I believe they run year round.

We did this when we stayed at BLT. This was in the summer of 2010 and at that time, they had two boats going between CR, WL, and FW. One looped to FW first and then to WL and the other looped to WL first and then to FW.

This has been my experience, too. We were there most recently in Oct.

We stayed at BLT in late February and early March and the ferry was running. It actually serves BLT, Ft. Wilderness, and Wilderness Lodge.

This is great info! I didn't even know this existed.

The Boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness Lodge operates everyday from 6:55 AM - 11:30 PM.

IMG_1385.jpg

It is a short walk to the MK boat docks from BLT so you could always take a boat from there if the one from the Contemporary is not running when you are there. I don't remember any boats from BLT directly when we were there in Sept.

Great idea -- I totally forgot about the proximity of MK and all of its travel options. Thanks! ;)

We have stayed at VWL many times, different times of year. The boat runs year round. Only time it stops is if wind is way too high or temps are too cold. Never seen either scenario happen. Allow at least 30 mins, time on water not long, wait time can be iffy. Usually every 15-20 mins boat will be at dock. WCC will hold your ressie so dont sweat it if a few mins late.

went to contemporary several times (for lunch, to catch monorail) from vwl in september. i really enjoyed the boat ride, fun.:)

I highly recommend it! If you have any down time, it is fun to pool hop too. We'll often do lunch at WCC and then use the pool... or my favorite place to pool hop is the Poly in the late morning and eat at Capt Cook's (the quick service place) for lunch by the pool. To our delight they have Dole whips and kind of unique food options.
The pool at BLT is great too, but no decent lunch options. Sometimes we walk to the Contemporary and use their pool and quick service restaurant.
Can you tell we love long stays and sometimes stay at DVC resorts without even going to the parks?

and it appears that it runs later than the monorail most nights! good to know for after theme park reservations.

also can help getting back from Epcot - don't take the monrail if the MK monrail has stopped - or the CR bus - just take the WL/VWL and I think FW bus.

you can then take the boat back to BLT

and it appears that it runs later than the monorail most nights! good to know for after theme park reservations.
Those are the same hours for their Boat transportation between the Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge/Fort Wilderness 365 days a year, so that's one less thing not to worry about.

Thread hijack warning....but i think it might also apply.

What's the best way to get from the wilderness lodge to the poly?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter