Boathouse now charing $10 for cancellations within 24 hrs

ppmcoj

Mouseketeer
Did anyone see that the Boathouse is now charging $10/person for cancellations within 24 hrs?

From the OpenTable booking:
Credit Card Required
This restaurant requires a credit card to secure this reservation. All credit card information will be processed securely. No-shows or cancellations less than 1 day in advance will be subject to a charge of $10 per person.

Wow, I hadn’t heard about this change, thanks for posting @ppmcoj. Too bad they felt the need to make this change. They’re always so busy when we go, can’t imagine they have many no shows or last minute cancellations.

Wow, I hadn’t heard about this change, thanks for posting @ppmcoj. Too bad they felt the need to make this change. They’re always so busy when we go, can’t imagine they have many no shows or last minute cancellations.
I was surprised to find it as well. We go fairly often and the restaurant is always packed. This change has definitely increased the availability of reservations through Opentable since it seems not as many want to use a credit card to secure the reservation. Even this Friday night has all time slots available right now, which is not the norm.

Raglan Road has similar terms:

If needed, please cancel before 3pm on the day of your booking to avoid a $10 per person charge. Due to the design of our building we have limited tables with direct views of the entertainment. Guests who wish to dine in this area should ask our Host upon check-in. This may add to your wait time to be seated, and whilst we strive to accommodate all requests, it is not always possible to do so. Slainte!

Raglan Road has similar terms:

If needed, please cancel before 3pm on the day of your booking to avoid a $10 per person charge. Due to the design of our building we have limited tables with direct views of the entertainment. Guests who wish to dine in this area should ask our Host upon check-in. This may add to your wait time to be seated, and whilst we strive to accommodate all requests, it is not always possible to do so. Slainte!
I don't find Raglan Road's terms unreasonable. They're only 1 hour off from Disney's cancellation terms. Knowing a full 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel is sometimes hard since things can come up the morning of and then you're already inside that 24 hr window and charged $10/person.

It says 1 day. Is it really 24 hours or just by midnight ET the day before the reservation? In either case, it's still disappointing. This is why we can't have nice things.

Do you think it's necessary to have a reservation if you want to eat at the bar? Also, is the bar menu the same as at the tables?

Do you think it's necessary to have a reservation if you want to eat at the bar? Also, is the bar menu the same as at the tables?
You can order the full menu at the bar. I don't think a reservation is necessary if wanting to sit at the bar. There's a pretty big bar inside and then a whole other area outside on the dock. Though there may be a wait for a seat to open up on a Friday or Saturday night and/or if you have a larger party and need x# of bar stools together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter