Boat to St John Snorkle

David Larson

Earning My Ears
We booked the St. John snorkle trip from St Thomas. I saw that on the 5-star snorkle trip that they took a 112 foot boat. Does any one know what type of boat is used on our trip and about how long is the trip.

Thanks

We took the 5-star snorkle trip to St. John last summer and loved it. You will be on the Leylon Sneed which is a replica of a 1939 Chesapeake Bay Oyster Buy Boat. The trip over to St. John was roughly 30-45 minutes. The crew will narrate to you on the way over various landmarks, famous houses, etc....

I believe the trip was 4 or 4-1/2 hours. I know when we got back to St. Thomas it was time for lunch.

You will love St. John ...... it is absolutely gorgeous and the snorkeling is incredible. Have a great time!!

Hi slmjam,

About how many people were on board this excursion? This is the one we want to do. It sounds like this one is very popular. I will be scheduling this on the first day possible. How far in advance did you do this and for what time of year?

Thanks, Lorie

We did this in december it was a great excursion!
We had to tender in St. Thomas and the boat picked us up straight from the Magic, that saved a ton of time!

Hi musicgirl,

There were a lot of people on this excursion...I believe I read it can hold around 150. We went last June and the boat was probably 80-90% full. I booked the excursion the first week we were able to (I think it was 60 days out), however, I think I probably could have waited until we were on board before I actually booked it and we still would have been ok.

The boat ride isn't nearly as much fun as the catamaran, but the snorkeling at Trunk Bay more than made up for it!!

Oh yeah.... the crew from the Leylon Sneed try to take pictures of everyone at the beach, snorkeling, etc.... and you can either buy some pictures or a disk to take with you as a souvenir.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.

Sherry

Slmjam, so the st john 5 star snorkle on the leylon sneed is not a catamaran? is the st john trunk bay and snorlkle tour on a catamaran? we went on the golden eagle snorkle on st martins last summer and really enjoyed being on a catamaran and was looking forward to being on one in st john. any help would be appreciated.:)

tigger53 -

The Champagne Catamaran excursion sails from St. Thomas to St. John, with snorkling and lunch. It was wonderful - one of the highlights of our cruise. I highly recommend it.

grim

Grimgrinnin, thanks for the info, we are looking into the champagne cataraman excursion, i forget, does that one go to trunk bay or somewhere else? i'm sure all of the snorkling in st. john's is awesome, but more seems to be said of trunk bay.

tigger53 -

The Champagne Catamaran excursion goes to Honeymoon Bay. The 5-Star and St. John Trank Bay Beach excursions go to Trunk Bay. Trunk Bay is part of the Virgin Islands National Park and has a marked underwater trail for snorkelers. Interesting comment from the Leylon Sneed crew on the way over .... since Trunk Bay is part of the National park, the coral is protected and cannot be touched in any way in order to preserve it. If I remember correctly, you can be fined (???) if you disturb the coral. The day we were there, we were able to get pictures of tang, flounder, and a couple of eels (among other fish that I have no idea what they are!). There were literally so many fish that at times you could feel them brushing against your legs as you moved in the water. I'm not really familiar with Honeymoon Bay, hopefully someone else can give you more information.

Sherry

Is Disney strict about the ages on either snorkle trip. We would love to snorkel on St John, but I don't want to leave my 3 year old behind.

Nesnboy -

On the paperwork I have from Disney, it lists two prices for the snorkeling excursions - one for kids 5-9 and one for adults 10-up. I don't know how strict they are or if they even allow kids under 5 to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter