1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Boat To MK

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by BippityBoppity, Feb 14, 2013.

1. BippityBoppity

BippityBoppity Mouseketeer

How long does it take for the boat to get from WL to MK? Is it as long as the boat ride from POFQ to downtown disney?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Laugh O. Grams

Laugh O. Grams <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Never timed it, but it's definitely less than 10 minutes. Problem is it's 20 minutes between ferries, so you're looking at a worst case scenario of about 30 minutes total.

4. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We were just there last week and I think the ride was about ten minutes, maybe fifteen. It was really convenient. :)

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Yup, about 10 minutes. :thumbsup2

Very relaxing. :goodvibes

6. BippityBoppity

BippityBoppity Mouseketeer

Thank you for the information. I was just curious to find out if it was as long as the boat to DTD from POFQ

7. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

In our opinion it is noticably quicker than the POR to DTD boat. Two types of boats are used, and the smaller boats are a little smaller than the POR boats, but the larger boats are substantially bigger, big enough to allow ECVs and strollers to roll right on.

There are also boats from WL that do the loop between WL, CR, and FW. These tend to be the smaller boats, but the ride to CR is very quick if you want to catch the monorail there or walk through to MK.

8. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I love both boat rides! The POR to DTD is about 20 min, add a few more if you are stopping at POFQ to pick up passengers. So scenic.
    And the ride from WL to MK is around 10 min. I think how you get there is half the fun, and so relaxing, and much more fun then the bus.