• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boat Situation on Seven Seas Lagoon

Why don't they simply do this at the pool?

The biggest reason is probably the lack of space. I don't know of any pool that has the same amount of deck space used for the movies.

There are other potential issues like adequately staffing life guards for the number of people the movies draw, and the fact that longer movies may interfere with pool closing times.

The biggest reason is probably the lack of space. I don't know of any pool that has the same amount of deck space used for the movies.

There are other potential issues like adequately staffing life guards for the number of people the movies draw, and the fact that longer movies may interfere with pool closing times.
AoA does it at the pool, but it has much more space than many (most?) of the resort pool areas.

AoA does it at the pool, but it has much more space than many (most?) of the resort pool areas.

AoA wouldn't be included in this change though - it is a change specifically for showings that happen on the beach

The fencing they installed only strongly suggests to people not to enter the water. If someone wants to, they will simply climb through the rope...IMO, that's on them and their own dumb fault... But more importantly, it won't do ANYTHING to prevent an alligator from coming on to the beach. So, they may be looking at things they can do to prevent alligators from coming on to the beaches before they reopen the beaches.

Just speculating.
There are YouTube videos of alligators climbing chain link fences.
Perhaps a 4'+ plexiglass wall would prevent climbing? But then you get wildlife that gets "in" but can't get back out (like a new duck family).. I think they just need a good way to live with nature and not fight it.

AoA wouldn't be included in this change though - it is a change specifically for showings that happen on the beach
Right. You just said you didn't know if any resort that has that kind of space, so I pointed out that AoA does.

Yacht Club has lawn space they could use, as does Poly but as you say, not at their pools. GF seems to have lawn space as well, or maybe even by that big quiet pool.

Right. You just said you didn't know if any resort that has that kind of space, so I pointed out that AoA does.

Yacht Club has lawn space they could use, as does Poly but as you say, not at their pools. GF seems to have lawn space as well, or maybe even by that big quiet pool.

Sorry, I meant resorts affected by this change do not have the space.

Another issue that may present itself at these resorts is that gated pools require MB access which would limit movies only to guests of that resort. Since the movies hop around, it would require either granting access to all resorts to those guests, or keeping the gate open which defeats the purpose of having the gate in the first place.

I've done the boats, jet skis, parasailing and fished all over the world and never saw a gator. But for some reason I have never had the desire to wade along the edge of those lakes. Yucky Weedy dark water doesn't attract me. As to falling out of the boats, I don't think so. Very low center of gravity. However, I tried to get my wife to do it once and 100 yards out she just turned around and went back. She was afraid she was going to fall in or sink or something. No, she's not much for adventure. More of a GF and Narcoossees girl.

I know, which is why I asked. We've rented the Sea Racers in the past and the only way you're going to fall out is if you're acting like an idiot.
I regularly push those Sea Raycers pretty hard, jumping wakes and such, and I've had a couple "whoa!" moments, but never really felt like I was in danger of flipping the boat. They're pretty stable, and it would be an over-reaction to discontinue them.
I do expect to see the liability paperwork changed, and some additions to the safety briefing you get before going out. That may be the delay in bringing them back on line.

GF seems to have lawn space as well, or maybe even by that big quiet pool.
We stayed at GF in September and the movie night was located on the grassy area adjacent to the large, "quiet" pool. The screen actually was set up facing away from the pool. I didn't realize it wasn't the typical set-up for movies.

I went to the Poly tonight to see what the situation was like.

The movie was being played on the grassy area by Pineapple Lanai.
The beach was closed, meaning no one was allowed on the sand. We were however allowed to sit/stand on the sidewalk/fire pit patio to watch Wishes. The fencing was up all along the beach with 'danger: wildlife" signs posted, as well as fold up signs all along the beach (I didn't notice them saying anything, but I wasn't really near one to see for sure)

Tonight at BC the movie was being shown on the lawn by the volleyball court. There were no guests.

I expect that before the beaches can be reopened, there will be mandatory safety training for EVERY CM in the company on wildlife protocols.

I also agree that some liability language will need to be updated for the racers.

I just saw an article that a girl died from a brain eating ameba exposure in North Carolina. I'm pretty fond of living symbiotically with nature but if we could find something in the food chain that would make these go away, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing!!

I expect that before the beaches can be reopened, there will be mandatory safety training for EVERY CM in the company on wildlife protocols.

I also agree that some liability language will need to be updated for the racers.

I just saw an article that a girl died from a brain eating ameba exposure in North Carolina. I'm pretty fond of living symbiotically with nature but if we could find something in the food chain that would make these go away, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing!!
The only "training" that cm are revising are pamphlets and online indo on wildlife and being alert.
Also remember that that amoeba feeds something else, any disruption in the food chain can be catastrophic. We have to learn to be smart and just let nature be

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter