Boat Service - POR to DTD

militarymama

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how frequent the boats run between POR and DTD?

We stayed with the in-laws at Saratoga Springs during our last trip. We waited what seemed like an eternity for the boat to take us back to the resort. Of course, my memory could be skewed because I was holding a heavier-by-the-minute toddler who was teetering on a major meltdown.

I'm hoping we don't run into the same thing this time around!

Thanks for any input!

I think it runs every 30 mins., and after 5:00pm. it's every 15 mins..

As I recall, they run three boats that are scheduled to hit downtown disney every 20 minutes. Of course, depending on weather and the loads it may be off by a few. Keep in mind, though, when the boats are full they are full and they don't send another you just have to wait another 20 minutes to catch the next one.

The boat rides are an excellent and relaxing way to get to DTD. I can't remember how often they drop off and pick up but I do know that when there are lots of people waiting, they call in more boats. That's the way it worked when we went down in 2004.

It is like the busses in that their schedule seems dependent on the person driving the boat. It is supposed to be approximately 20 minutes but we have had longer and shorter waits. We have also had to wait for a couple of boats because the lines were too long. They will only pick up a certain number to ensure that all resorts have the opportunity to have people board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter