Boat from HS to BC - easy to get to?

FantasiaMagic

DIS Veteran
I have a 9pm ADR for B&C during my trip and plan on taking the bus from AoA to HS and then the boat to B&C. Is the boat at HS right near the entrance? Is it easy to find when coming out of the bus stop? I just want the journey to BC to go smoothly! TIA!

The boat dock is close to the entrance at HS and the bus depot. It shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes to walk there. If you stand facing the bag check area, with HS in front of you, you will see where you need to walk to the boat dock on your right. Have you checked what time HS closes on the evening you are going to B&C, the boats don't run all night so if it has an early closing time the boats may have stopped running. You could actually walk it but that would take a good 20 minutes or maybe more. The other thing to consider is that if you have just missed a boat sometimes it can take a while for another one to arrive. Unless HS is closing in which case there will be plenty of boats. Hope this helps.

I have a 9pm ADR for B&C during my trip and plan on taking the bus from AoA to HS and then the boat to B&C. Is the boat at HS right near the entrance? Is it easy to find when coming out of the bus stop? I just want the journey to BC to go smoothly! TIA!
The boats only run one hour after park close so check the closing time of DHS that night. They run buses after the boats stop.

The boat dock is close to the entrance at HS and the bus depot. It shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes to walk there. If you stand facing the bag check area, with HS in front of you, you will see where you need to walk to the boat dock on your right. Have you checked what time HS closes on the evening you are going to B&C, the boats don't run all night so if it has an early closing time the boats may have stopped running. You could actually walk it but that would take a good 20 minutes or maybe more. The other thing to consider is that if you have just missed a boat sometimes it can take a while for another one to arrive. Unless HS is closing in which case there will be plenty of boats. Hope this helps.

The boats only run one hour after park close so check the closing time of DHS that night. They run buses after the boats stop.

Thank you for the feedback! This is very helpful.:goofy:

The boat is very easy to get to once you get off the bus. It does take about half an hour either walking or taking the boat.

You could if you are at a park that day leave the park on the bus to go straight to BC. It will cut down on travel time and once you are done you can hop back on the bus to DTD then AoA.

DHS-Epcot-IG_012311.jpg

Robo, I forgot about Epcot. That is much shorter than HS. Although it might take awhile walking through the park but if you are already there for the day then go for it!

If you take the DHS -> Boat to BC route, check the times for Fantasmic. You want to avoid after the show ends because the line for the boat can get very long! Also if there's lightning, they shut down the boats.

Wow, Robo, your maps are the best! I had a similar question as OP, and now I can see that EPCOT is much closer to the Boardwalk area than Hollywood Studios is. I may need to rethink which day I visit the Boardwalk.

"Easy
"Easy, peezy, lemon-squeezy."

When leaving H'Studios, stay to your left and you'll not miss the boat. There can be a line of people waiting for the boat.

If the line looks very long and/or no boat is in sight, walking will take you the same or less time (and the path is also towards that left). It's not the prettiest walk, but beats the time standing in line and/or having to wait for a second boat.

As others have suggested, the ending of Fantasmic! will have an impact.

From the map, it seems like a good time-saving/relaxing combo leaving Epcot might be to walk to the Swan dock and then boat to DHS. If there is a boat at the IG dock and no line, is it still faster to walk that portion at least?

If I am at Figment, would it take longer to walk/boat or go back to the front and take a bus park to park?

From the map, it seems like a good time-saving/relaxing combo

1. leaving Epcot might be to walk to the Swan dock and then boat to DHS.

2. If there is a boat at the IG dock and no line, is it still faster to walk that portion at least?

3. If I am at Figment, would it take longer to walk/boat or go back to the front and take a bus park to park?

1. If you choose the route passing near Boardwalk, that would be fine.
2. All this discussion of walking and "speed" can miss the point of whether you PREFER to walk or take the boat.
Depending on your walking pace, the boat ride (once boarded at either end location) can be a very similar (within 10 minutes, or so) to the walking time.
3. From Figment, the walking distance to the IG and distance to the bus lot will be comparable.
(With a bit shorter walk to the IG.)
I've added a map below with a wider view that includes the bus loading area.

The bus TRIP will be much faster (about 10 minutes actual road time) but you still must wait for a DHS<>Epcot bus to arrive if one is not there.

DHS-Epcot-All_012311.jpg

Last edited:
Unless the boat is at the dock when you arrive it will be quicker to walk. I have done it may times and I think its probably closer to 20 minutes from where the buses drop you to Beaches and Cream ( as long as you can find the entrance through Stormalong Bay )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter