• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boat from DHS to EPCOT?

miss_deville

Earning My Ears
How long should we allow to travel between Disney Hollywood Studios and EPCOT's International Gateway by boat? Does the boat make multiple stops? I'm asking because we will be spending the day at DHS and then dining at Le Cellier. Am I correct that the boat is the best way to go? Thank you all so much!

The boat will stop at The Boardwalk, the Yacht/Beach Club and the Swan/Dolphin before stopping at the International Gateway. If you happen to get on a boat as soon as you get to the dock, it is at least a 20 minute ride. If you have to wait for a boat, that will change your time.
You can walk from DHS to Epcot. It is about a 20 minute walk at a decent pace, but that may be your best bet if you just miss the boat at DHS.

If there is a boat at the dock, boarding, then it will take you about 25 mins to get to Epcot. As previously stated, the boat will stop at S/D, YC/BC, BW then head to Epcot.
But, if the boat is pulling away from the dock as you get to that area, it could be 20+ mins before the next one comes in. You can follow the sidewalk, along the canal, to Epcot. You will go past BW on the right. It takes about 20-25 mins. I make it to BW in about 14 mins, then 5 more to Epcot.

Thank you both for the great info! I had no idea you could walk between the two parks. We will definitely try that if we "miss the boat."

When I was riding the boat last month, the driver was mentioning the different stops, and said you would get back to where you started in about an hour. So I would allow 30 minutes ride time, especially if you are trying to get to Epcot for an ADR.

I will say that the boat is very close to the time for walking. I left BW, just by the boat area, walking to Epcot, last Dec. As I started walking, the boat pulled out and headed directly to Epcot. I walked at my normal pace (may be a bit faster than normal) and I got to the unloading area for the boats by the International Gateway, just as the guests were getting ready to get off. But, if you're at a different resort, it's going to take longer for the boat to get you to Epcot...BW is the last stop before going to Epcot.
As for walking to DHS, it's a very pleasant walk, along the canal. I've walked it after dark and felt quite safe. It is very well lit and open. It can be brutal though, in the middle of the summer. The heat/humidity during the daytime can be unbearable if you make that walk. So, take that into consideration as well.

Don't forget time to get through the security check and turnstile (be first off the boat!), then time to walk through the UK to Canada... (another 15-20 minutes?)

Andrew
Nah, I would say about 10 mins from the Intnl Gateway to LeCellier. If it's midday, there won't be any backup at the turnstiles.

you can cut five minutes off your walk by going through the luna park pool area at bwi.

you can cut five minutes off your walk by going through the luna park pool area at bwi.

Absolutely...that's what we do. So...for those who may wish to go this way...
when you are walking along the sidewalk from DHS, when you get to BW, you will see the big ole pool slide. You are now behind Luna Park, the pool area. Take a right, go in, and walk past the pool area, to an underpass. You will have restrooms on your left, the Arcade and Muscles and Bustles on your right. Go under, take a left at the village green and a right when you get to the boardwalk and keep on trekking to Epcot. It does save some time doing it this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter