• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk

disneymore

Mouseketeer
My DW and I are arriving in the eveing on 10/28 (fri nite) around 7:00 pm. We are planning on getting an a snack (appetizer and/or dessert) and maybe a cocktail or 2. We probably don't want to stay out late (past 11:00) considering we want to get up early the next morning. I had planned on doing DTD, although on Sunday afternoon we are going there for shopping/lunch b-4 MNNSHP. Reading this board I just found out about the Boardwalk, I know they have some neat restaurants (ESPN) and my wife and I love dueling pianos, so we think Jellyrolls sounds like fun. My question: Is there any shopping (other things beside food) at the boardwalk? And what time is dueling pianos at Jellyrolls??

The Boardwalk area is WONDERFUL!!! We were there in September!

The restaurants include ESPN, Spoodles, Flying Fish, and Big River Grille. There are also some snack places like the Boardwalk Bakery, and Seashore Sweets, and some little cart-like places.

The shops include the Screen Door general store, which ties into the Character Corner, and Thimbles and Threads (all souvie type places). There's also a Wyland Galleries store.

You can also rent surrey bikes on the boardwalk, and that would be cool too! I wanted to do that, but we ran out of time!

The best part about the boardwalk, though, in the evening is the street performers!!! They are talented and funny and FREE!!! You never know what you are going to see...it could be a juggler, or a magician, or a musician...they are VERY entertaining!!!

We also wanted to go to JellyRolls, but never made it...I'm pretty sure they open around 7pm, but I've heard they don't really get "hoppin" 'til around 9pm.

Hope that info helps!! Have a GREAT TIME!!! :teeth:

I do like the Boardwalk, but if you are looking for shopping than DD is your best bet. The Boardwalk shops are nothing more than hotel gift shops!! Just so you know Jellyrolls does have a cover charge. We went to go one night and it never occured to us, we only wanted 1 drink since it was around 12:30a and had flown in that day so we didn't go. One day I will get there!!!

I agree with the posts about the shopping but if you can swing it you HAVE to get to Jellyrolls. My husband and I went when we were there for our 15th wedding anniversary and had a BLAST! It is worth the cover charge. ENJOY!!

Jellyrolls is a lot of fun! Cover charge was $8- this past August. Get there by 8pm if you want a table especially on Tues. nights. It's my utmost favorite thing to do! We usually stop at the Boardwalk Bakery and get a goody bag for the next morning. If you stay late, then there's cabs at the boardwalk to get you home. I wish we found it earlier! :banana:

The Boardwalk area and in particular JellyRolls is a great place to spend a night, without going into a park. ESPN is good for appetizers and drinks, there's also the Yachtsman Galley at the Yacht / Beach club for apps and drinks. It's an easy walk around the Boardwalk (.8 miles start to finish). There are street performers, ice cream and fortune tellers and carnival games.
JellyRolls is a dueling piano/ sing along bar. the piano players know every song written (if they don't they fake it). The crowd gets going later but sometimes you have early crowds. Plan to spend 2 hours or so. They change piano players every hour and it's fun to see all of the performers. This will be a great start to your Disney trip.

Shopping in the Boardwalk area is more limited than DTD but they carry the same merchandis that DTD carries. ESPN has a store and the Yacht / Beach Club has some stores. Each resort carries their own merchandise so you can get some exclusive Boardwalk or Beach Club or Yachtclub stuff, but the rest will be all disney. Don't forget, you can have anything that you buy sent back to your room so you won't interfer with your drinking and singing.

Have fun

Spoodles is an EXCELLENT restaurant. We had a great breakfast there. Not crowded at all and the food and service were wonderful!

disneymore said:
My DW and I are arriving in the eveing on 10/28 (fri nite) around 7:00 pm. We are planning on getting an a snack (appetizer and/or dessert) and maybe a cocktail or 2. We probably don't want to stay out late (past 11:00) considering we want to get up early the next morning. I had planned on doing DTD, although on Sunday afternoon we are going there for shopping/lunch b-4 MNNSHP. Reading this board I just found out about the Boardwalk, I know they have some neat restaurants (ESPN) and my wife and I love dueling pianos, so we think Jellyrolls sounds like fun. My question: Is there any shopping (other things beside food) at the boardwalk? And what time is dueling pianos at Jellyrolls??

Boardwalk is great for first night, for 4 hours or so. Shopping, as noted, is not so good. But it's much more manageable and a little more laid back than DTD. One word of caution -- if you like dueling pianos and go to Jellyrolls, good luck getting back to your room by 11:00. Don't say you weren't warned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter