boardwalk wait list

debbyLL

Mouseketeer
Hi

we are DVC members boardwalk is our home resort. when i rang with my reservations i was told there were no studios or 1 bed villas standard view. so we booked OKW and asked to be put on the wait list for boardwalk . i was just googling different stuff and saw on expedia that for our dates studios are available except for the first four nights and 1 bed villas available for all nights (although this may be for preferred view-in wich case i have not got enough points ). I think i am going to ring member services when they open to find out what is the situation, has anyone got any advice or experience of this. Also and i accept this is my fault- due to financial issues and divorce i was unable to pay my dues last year (they were paid up to date with this years in january) I had 250 points i thought until april which is my use year but i was told *** i hadnt banked in november i had to lose them - again anybody had experience with this

debby

This issue of no availability for members but availability through CRO (central reservations - bookings for cash) comes up all the time on the US boards. Basically it is usually because members trade out to go on cruises, other vacations etc and those points are converted into rooms which are sold off via CRO to help offset the cost of the members' new vacations.

I'm sorry that you didn't realise you hadn't banked in time. It was an expensive mistake. All I can suggest is that you ring and request to speak to a Supervisor given your difficult personal circumstances and ask if they can make a one-time exception. Worth a shot. Otherwise you have until the end of this month to use the points and even renting them out is likely to be difficult.

Good luck with it.

I'm sorry that you didn't realise you hadn't banked in time. It was an expensive mistake. All I can suggest is that you ring and request to speak to a Supervisor given your difficult personal circumstances and ask if they can make a one-time exception. Worth a shot. Otherwise you have until the end of this month to use the points and even renting them out is likely to be difficult.

Hi moira

thanks so much for this advice, i have just rang member services and didnt need to speak to supervisor they have given me the points and i have managed to upgrade our 2nd week to a preferred view in Boardwalk, :banana: thanks again where would i be without all you wonderful disers :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter