• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk vs Beach Club?? Any opinions?

CelestriaSky

Earning My Ears
Our home resort is Saratoga Springs - stayed there last year and loved it. Thought we would branch out this year! Any opinions on the two?! Pros, cons?

Actually interested in this question as well. We have stayed at OKW this past Feb. we are visiting AKV next Month, and we just reserved SSR for next Feb. For Summer '09 we would like to continue our "tour" of DVC and I am anxious to see feedback on these two resorts to see which one we will visit first. So excited to be able to visit all of them :goodvibes

So veterans of both resorts.. give us some info, please.

We own at BWV and have been there 3 times. We like BWV for the more adult geared atmosphere with the boardwalk, microbrewery, dancehall, etc.

We have been to BCV once. We loved SAB, but found it (the resort) much too chaotic and hyper-speedish. Little feet just running everywhere.

We prefer the layed back feelings of VB & HHI mostly. :beach:

Depending on when you go, you may wish to have a preference, and take what is available.

BCV - SOME rooms with two queens in the second bedroom (often not available at seven months), slightly closer to Epcot. Storm Along Bay (which you cannot pool hop to), quieter, Villas tucked away from main resort area.

BWV - Standard View and Boardwalk View (often not available at seven months). Villas more integrated into the main hotel (theme pool is on the Villas side), busier feeling. Community Hall

There are some amenities that only available at one resort or another - like the Y&BC has a kids club and the Boardwalk doesn't. Or the Boardwalk has the Boardwalk entertainment. The resorts are so close that, IMHO, these things aren't huge deal breakers.

At seven months, to me the driver is "do you want SAB or not?" Because you can't hop there. Unless the day you call there are "view" rooms available at Boardwalk still, in which case that could be a driver.

Location is fantastic at both, but I like Boardwalk better locationwise for the proximity to Boardwalk eateries. BC has stormalong bay which is the best pool on property. I have stayed at BWV and at YC but haven't tried BCV yet so I can't say anything about the BCV resort and rooms. BC is smaller, BWV has some never ending hallways, which wasn't much of a deterent to us. I really don't think you could go wrong with either. I plan to stay at BC at some point, but being a point miser it is hard not to book BWV with a standard view, a very good value pointwise..

but found it (the resort) much too chaotic and hyper-speedish. Little feet just running everywhere

I'm going to show this to DH, because he thought I was nuts when I said I BCV was a nuthouse(this was MLK weekend, can't imagine it during really busy times). Only good thing is being close to Epcot.

Haven't made it to BWV yet, think I might try for MLK 2009.

I haven't stayed at either, but was going through a similar decision for a trip this summer.

BW Pros:

- Central location for MGM and Epcot (BC is closer to Epcot, farther from MGM)

- Pool (Yes - most folks prefer SAB, but I think BW will work better for us - and the clown pool is just cool)

- Themeing

BC Pro:

- Better counter service and refillable mug access.

It's one of those personal preference things. We prefer the Boardwalk over the Beach Club. We spent most of our time in the quiet pool when we stayed at the BC because SAB was crowded.. rooms were nice, but we felt like we were on display walking through the lobby with our bathing suits to get to SAB. ;) Try 'em both!

I think I like BC a little better because of the proximity to the gift shop which also has a mug station and gelato and other food. It does seem smaller. However, BWV, my home resort, is closer to MGM. You can't go wrong with either one! I must say, I was at OKW last week, and I missed BWV especially when we visited some friends who were staying there!

BCV's are not a nuthouse. I have always found it to reasonably quiet and we are there at Christmas when the resorts are at top capacity. The BC itself ( not the villas)has many children especially around SAB but the Boardwalk villas has alot of kids running around there too. Both places are great though personally I find the BCV's quieter while the BWV's has more action.

BCV's are not a nuthouse. I have always found it to reasonably quiet and we are there at Christmas when the resorts are at top capacity. The BC itself ( not the villas)has many children especially around SAB but the Boardwalk villas has alot of kids running around there too. Both places are great though personally I find the BCV's quieter while the BWV's has more action.

I'm specifically talking about the BC lobby, once you get to the villas it's fine. Given the choice of the 2 small resorts DVC's and the hotels they are attatched to I'll go with VWL.

I'm not crazy about having to walk through the lobby of BC to get to SAB.

I'm specifically talking about the BC lobby, once you get to the villas it's fine. Given the choice of the 2 small resorts DVC's and the hotels they are attatched to I'll go with VWL.

I'm not crazy about having to walk through the lobby of BC to get to SAB.

I'm talkin about the BC lobby, BC hallways, around the pool, and in front of the shops. There is a lot of activity on the boardwalk, but that thing is 50+ ft wide. The walkway in front of the BC shops is 6+ ft. It is like a funnel. Maybe I went at a bad time, but yes it WAS a nut house.

Nonetheless, It is an atmosphere that the kids seem to thrive in. I did enjoy walking around in the off hours and non peak hours.

I'm talkin about the BC lobby, BC hallways, around the pool, and in front of the shops. There is a lot of activity on the boardwalk, but that thing is 50+ ft wide. The walkway in front of the BC shops is 6+ ft. It is like a funnel. Maybe I went at a bad time, but yes it WAS a nut house.

Nonetheless, It is an atmosphere that the kids seem to thrive in. I did enjoy walking around in the off hours and non peak hours.

When did you go? We were there MLK weekend.

We have stayed at both. We definitely prefer BCV. We found the Standard rooms in BWV quite tired and in need of renovation. Now I haven't been back since May 2007, so they may have had a few updates then.

However, in terms of chaos, I have to say that I found BW more chaotic. I do find that BC is very busy at times, however, I didn't find it chaotic. To us, it seemed very upbeat and serene at the same time. And the Villas themselves are far quieter than the Hotel.

I agree with those who do not like the idea of going through the front lobby to get to SAB. Going to the pool, not too bad. Coming back, it's too cold and too long of a walk. However there are other ways to get back to the villas without going throught the main lobby if you want to walk around the buildings.

In terms of location, I think they are both excellent.

I do believe it's a personal preference.;) And it's best to try them both. I don't think you would be disappointed with either one.

Our home resort is Saratoga Springs - stayed there last year and loved it. Thought we would branch out this year! Any opinions on the two?! Pros, cons?

I love SSR, too! Just got back. :goodvibes

Glad you're branching out, as we haven't found a DVC that we haven't liked yet!!! We're are making our rounds, as we've stayed at OKW, SSR, BWV and still have BCV, AKV and VWL to go! We're staying at either VWL or AKV in August, and I can't wait!!! Love marking those "haven't stayed at" resorts off the list!

My advice...you can't go wrong either way, so see which has availability when you want to go. Most people really enjoy Stormalong Bay, so if that appeals to you, go with BCV, otherwise, BWV. The one thing I will say about BWV is that they have standard and preferred views. When we called for a summer reservation 4 months out, no standard views were available. If you can get a standard view (and don't mind it) at BWV, it's considerably less points, at least in my mind. Just something to consider. Otherwise, I think preferred views at BWV and BCV require about the same (if not the same) number of points.

Good luck with your ressie and enjoy!!! :thumbsup2

We have stayed at both. I think these are my two favorite resorts. BCV has a slight edge because Epcot is my favorite park and BCV is just a few minutes away (not that Boardwalk is much further). We also really enjoyed the pool at BCV as well. But as the last person stated, you can't go wrong with either of these resorts in my opinion.

Late June I believe. I think all the kids were just out of school and the adrenaline was high.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

That's my 6yr old 90% of the time. Only slightly more:yay: :yay: at WDW.

MLK weekend must have been some toddler/preschool kid gathering. ;) My 11 yr old(who is very tall for his age) looked really out of place. At Epcot the only real line was over at the Nemo clamshell ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter