• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Villas Help

kateandy08096

DIS Veteran
Hello all. I just booked a quick getaway for BWV first week in March 1 bedroom boardwalk view. Never been. Can anyone please tell me the pros and cons I should be aware of. Also do they have a quick service there? Debating getting a mug lol.
Thanks all

Hello all. I just booked a quick getaway for BWV first week in March 1 bedroom boardwalk view. Never been. Can anyone please tell me the pros and cons I should be aware of. Also do they have a quick service there? Debating getting a mug lol.
Thanks all
No quick service in the Boardwalk building itself except for a continental breakfast available in the Belle Vue Lounge n the morning. There’s also the Boardwalk Bakery, a pizza window and ice cream at the Ample Hills Creamery.

Mug refills are at the Boardwalk Bakery or the Leaping Libations pool bar.

Boardwalk’s greatest assets are its proximity to two parks, the awesome pool slide and it’s low point requirements. Take the time to really appreciate the lobby. It has very unique décor.

No quick service in the Boardwalk building itself except for a continental breakfast available in the Belle Vue Lounge n the morning. There’s also the Boardwalk Bakery, a pizza window and ice cream at the Ample Hills Creamery.

Mug refills are at the Boardwalk Bakery or the Leaping Libations pool bar.

Boardwalk’s greatest assets are its proximity to two parks, the awesome pool slide and it’s low point requirements. Take the time to really appreciate the lobby. It has very unique décor.
Thanks so much. This will be my 2nd solo trip and definitely excited to just take my time and relax :)

The Belle Vue Lounge also has a mug refill station (but check its hours as I believe it is only open in the morning and for the evening "cocktail" hours).

The Peek-a-Boo Buffeteria over at the Dolphin has a pretty good selection of "grab 'n go" items as well as hot food items, whole fruits and salads that you can order to go. Bonus: Many of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants (including the PeekaBoo) give DVC Members 20% discount.

The Boardwalk General Store has a nice selection of "sweets" and snacks as well as basic groceries. It's easy to buy a few items for breakfast and the refrigerator & microwave come in handy for any leftovers from restaurant meals .

I love the boardwalk. So many places to walk/job if you like that sort of thing. I love sitting in the sand at Beach Club at night and looking at the Boardwalk from across the water. I don't typically do mugs ever anymore, just too much trouble to carry around. I typically and a water and coffee person, and with a water bottle and a coffee pot in the room, I am happy. But, that said, there are refill stations around. (When I did used to do mugs, I would sometimes put some whisky in the bottom from my room and then fill at the fill station with coke for my pool drink!) The boardwalk view is so fun, you may spend more time in your room than normal!!!

Another option for in room snacks and drinks is the quick mart in the Speedway station just across the street from the main drive into the BW resort. I pick up a box of breakfast cereal, milk, bottled water, perhaps some beer. Prices in the Screen Door on the BW are much higher for most of these items.

Another option for in room snacks and drinks is the quick mart in the Speedway station just across the street from the main drive into the BW resort. I pick up a box of breakfast cereal, milk, bottled water, perhaps some beer. Prices in the Screen Door on the BW are much higher for most of these items.

You do get a discount on them though at Screen Door.

You do get a discount on them though at Screen Door.
Also an AP discount if one is not a DVC member, but Screen Door prices on bottled water, beer, and wine are easily triple of the prices at the gas station. I can buy a six pack of beer for the price of two cans at the Screen Door. The Speedway also sells individual cans of beer available. Another choice is General Mills cereals (I like Cheerios) aswell as the Disney choices from Kelloggs.

I love the boardwalk. So many places to walk/job if you like that sort of thing. I love sitting in the sand at Beach Club at night and looking at the Boardwalk from across the water. I don't typically do mugs ever anymore, just too much trouble to carry around. I typically and a water and coffee person, and with a water bottle and a coffee pot in the room, I am happy. But, that said, there are refill stations around. (When I did used to do mugs, I would sometimes put some whisky in the bottom from my room and then fill at the fill station with coke for my pool drink!) The boardwalk view is so fun, you may spend more time in your room than normal!!!
That is exactly what I think Im going to do :) thanks for the tip

Adults only or with kids? If it's adults only check out JellyRolls. Sitting on your balcony at night with a BW view is truly special.

Boardwalk views are great! We enjoy early mornings and evenings on the balcony watching the boats and people.
The pizza window is not so great, but the bakery and ample hills are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter