Boardwalk Villa vs Boulder Ridge Villa

oceanwave

Mouseketeer
With Disney dropping discounts today, we are able to now change our August 10 Night 1 bedroom villa resort reservation from Old Key West to either Boardwalk villas or Boulder Ridge villas.

The question, which one should we choose? We have stayed at both and love both for very different reasons. There will be 3 of us, 2 adults and 1 child -6yrs. There is a significant price difference between the 2 resorts ($1,500) with Boulder Ridge being much cheaper.

My husband is leaning to Boardwalk and i'm leaning to Boulder Ridge. Would love to hear opinions on which you would choose!

Pros Boardwalk
Walk to 2 parks
Lots of dining options (we don't plan to cook much in the villa)

Cons
Room could be vary far from lobby and transportation
Bus to Magic Kingdom

Pros Boulder Ridge
Significantly cheaper
Boat to Magic Kingdom

Cons
Bus to Epcot/Hollywood Studios
I've heard they are in need of a refurb
Access to monorail resorts for dining but not walkable

Anything I am missing?

With Disney dropping discounts today, we are able to now change our August 10 Night 1 bedroom villa resort reservation from Old Key West to either Boardwalk villas or Boulder Ridge villas.

The question, which one should we choose? We have stayed at both and love both for very different reasons. There will be 3 of us, 2 adults and 1 child -6yrs. There is a significant price difference between the 2 resorts ($1,500) with Boulder Ridge being much cheaper.

My husband is leaning to Boardwalk and i'm leaning to Boulder Ridge. Would love to hear opinions on which you would choose!

Pros Boardwalk
Walk to 2 parks
Lots of dining options (we don't plan to cook much in the villa)

Cons
Room could be vary far from lobby and transportation
Bus to Magic Kingdom

Pros Boulder Ridge
Significantly cheaper
Boat to Magic Kingdom

Cons
Bus to Epcot/Hollywood Studios
I've heard they are in need of a refurb
Access to monorail resorts for dining but not walkable

Anything I am missing?
BRV (Boulder Ridge) is way past due for a full renovation. It is supposed to scheduled to start "in 2022". This means that you could be in the middle of a construction project when staying there in August.

BWV is getting a little bit worn too, but is not scheduled for any refurb. However, the Inn side is supposed to get a refresh soon. Given that the DVC villas are in a separate wing from the Inn, you would probably not experience too much in the way of construction noise.

BRV (Boulder Ridge) is way past due for a full renovation. It is supposed to scheduled to start "in 2022". This means that you could be in the middle of a construction project when staying there in August.

BWV is getting a little bit worn too, but is not scheduled for any refurb. However, the Inn side is supposed to get a refresh soon. Given that the DVC villas are in a separate wing from the Inn, you would probably not experience too much in the way of construction noise.
I'm going to say what you said, only less polite.

Boulder Ridge and Beach Club are both beat to hell right now. Stay at Old Key West and rent a car.

We love BWV and stay there at least once a year. In addition, we stayed at CCV last year with our next BRV stay this June.

Being able to walk to 2 theme parks can’t be beat, especially at park closing.

But for a $1500 difference over 10 nights, I’d save the money and go with BRV.

We are big fans of trying new, but since you’ve stayed at both, I’m not sure it makes much sense to spend $1500 more.

We stayed in a BRV studio in December; everything was fine, only complaint was from my daughter about the mattress on the sofa bed being uncomfortable. Refurb would be good, but the room we had wasn't worn looking.

In terms of things you might be missing, we greatly enjoy having a burger and beer (or two or three or…) outside at Geyser Point.

Depending on how well your 6-year-old tolerates this, I’d consider this a big plus for Wilderness Lodge.

We have had BRV for 20 years and have never regretted it even a little. Others have noted its advantages and here comes a yes but ….it is Badly in need of refurbishment… almost embarrassing that the place hasn’t gotten the attention it deserves.

we’ve stayed at BW twice, the latest, about a month ago. It could use some refurb too, but not nearly as much as Boulder. It’s location is wonderful as many have said.

for some reason though as I enter my dotage, I find it hard to navigate BW. Have yet to find the easiest way to get to the pool. This problem may just be mine, but it is a real one for us:)

the problems so called, that I cite re BW, haven’t stopped us waitlisting a short stay there soon.

we are at brv now and the room
is in no condition I would want to stay again! We own here and are disgusted. Go with BWV for now! Can always boat from MK one day here for a nice lunch by the lake!
Please email dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com to tell them specifically what the issues were that disgusted you. And ask when the long-overdue refurbishment will begin. I wonder how many cash guests have stayed there recently and decided that DVC was not for them because of the condition of the villas.

Please email dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com to tell them specifically what the issues were that disgusted you. And ask when the long-overdue refurbishment will begin. I wonder how many cash guests have stayed there recently and decided that DVC was not for them because of the condition of the villas.
Done and did the survey Boulder Ridge sent me after we checked out. I had also contacted the Manager on Duty when we were there and got NO WHERE. This was not a stay we enjoyed at all and we felt so sad. also congested and headaches from the room. GROSS is an understatement and having to hold things against the cube to charge a phone and take turns with apple watch and hubbys phone. None of the outlets held the cubes they were so so loose. How sad is it that you realize at night laying there that the stay we had Nov 1-5 2021 in All star Music was 200% better. Hands down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter