Boardwalk to Port Orleans?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Suflay1, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Suflay1

Suflay1 Earning My Ears

Quick question - What's the best way to get from Boardwalk to Port Orleans French Quarter? Is there bus transportation directly from BW to PO? Should I take a boat from the BW marina to Epcot or MGM, then try to catch a bus there? :confused3 This will be in the evening.
    Thanks.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. snugglepeas

snugglepeas Mouseketeer

you can either take a boat to mgm and then take a bus to FQ or you can take a bus to downtown disney and then take a boat to FQ. there is no direct bus to and from any resorts.

4. Robert P

Robert P GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a t

No direct bus for your trip.

the boat to MGM would probably work best. you could walk to the MGM bus stops as well, but that would take @ 10 minutes or more, at normal speed.

a boat to EPCOT would require you to then walk all the way out the front to catch a bus.

a bus ride to DTD would have to go the long 'OKW loop' to make the right turn at Marketplace. that is some extra time right there.

5. Suflay1

Suflay1 Earning My Ears

Thanks, guys. I didn't think we could get a direct bus, but wasn't sure of the fastest way to get back to Port Orleans. Appreciate the advice.

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Fastest way? Take a cab.

7. MiAimee82

MiAimee82 Mouseketeer

I agree, take a cab. I think it cost us $10.00 to get from the Boardwalk to POR. It was well worth it not having to wait forever to get a bus and then switch buses, which is what we did to get there. It took over an hour to get there by bus, but only about 10 minutes to get back by cab. Money well spent!